Way too Early 2023 Predictions

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Top 25 has the usual suspects. Half will be gone by week 5. I figure FSU and Clemson in the ACCCG. Other than that, who will be next years TCU?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Let's say that I'm the plant manager at Spacely Sprockets.

Based on historical data (dating back to the time before flying cars became a thing), my plant has had a 3% rejection rate when the sprockets reached the QA department and the infamous Inspector 12. Yeah, that one...some headhunter pulled her out of Hanes when senior management had a burr under its collective saddle about a recall a few years back. (So now, they don't say, "Spacely" until she says they say "Spacely.")

Anyway, since replacing the guy who got fired over the recall, I've initiated a number of ideas in an attempt to improve on that failure rate, but thus far, the number has remained pretty constant.

For now, am I conceding the 3% shrinkage? Or forecasting it?

(Side note: Inspector 12 is actually a pretty nice old lady; after a cup of egg nog, she's a riot at the annual Christmas party. But on the job, she's a tough old broad.)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Let's say that I'm the plant manager at Spacely Sprockets.

Based on historical data (dating back to the time before flying cars became a thing), my plant has had a 3% rejection rate when the sprockets reached the QA department and the infamous Inspector 12. Yeah, that one...some headhunter pulled her out of Hanes when senior management had a burr under its collective saddle about a recall a few years back. (So now, they don't say, "Spacely" until she says they say "Spacely.")

Anyway, since replacing the guy who got fired over the recall, I've initiated a number of ideas in an attempt to improve on that failure rate, but thus far, the number has remained pretty constant.

For now, am I conceding the 3% shrinkage? Or forecasting it?

(Side note: Inspector 12 is actually a pretty nice old lady; after a cup of egg nog, she's a riot at the annual Christmas party. But on the job, she's a tough old broad.)
Loved the Jetsons way back when…

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Your comment has nothing to do with what I wrote. I said we shouldn't concede a game as a loss until we actually lose it. That's not the same as realistically estimating win/loss record. I don't think we'll win all our games. But, I'm not going to pick out which games we'll lose because I'm not going to concede any game just because our chances to win are lower. I think we win at least 8 this year. I'm not going pick which 4 we lose because we haven't lost them yet. That's the only point I'm making. Don't attribute more to what I say that what I say.

By the way, I was just being snarky before. I attribute no ill-will to what you say back to me. We're all GT fans in the end.
We just disagree on where GT football is vs Georgia football. We are further apart than any time in the 53 years I have followed GT football. The gap currently is insurmountable. Last year Georgia had 15 players drafted by NFL teams, 9 in the top 100. They didn’t miss any of them as they won a second straight National Championship. We struggle to win 2 games in a row against mediocre teams. Until we make tremendous improvement mark Georgia as a loss. Sad but true.

JacketFan137

Banned
We just disagree on where GT football is vs Georgia football. We are further apart than any time in the 53 years I have followed GT football. The gap currently is insurmountable. Last year Georgia had 15 players drafted by NFL teams, 9 in the top 100. They didn’t miss any of them as they won a second straight National Championship. We struggle to win 2 games in a row against mediocre teams. Until we make tremendous improvement mark Georgia as a loss. Sad but true.
yeah until we recruit closer to them the rivalry is a moot point and dead. their teams have too much talent to “scheme” them. we saw a guy many on here praise as some offensive savant do literally nothing against them.

elite perimeter athletes, an o line and a qb that can throw it all over the field is the only thing that can keep you in the game with them and we have literally none of those

long road ahead for key and i believe he’ll get us closer than we were before

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I can understand your thinking. But I hope our coaches and Players don't think like you do. I just feel like this coaching staff the players will not give up. If you keep punching them in the face you may find out uga is not as tough as some think.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I can understand your thinking. But I hope our coaches and Players don't think like you do. I just feel like this coaching staff the players will not give up. If you keep punching them in the face you may find out uga is not as tough as some think.
No doubt the coaches and players think they can win any game. That's their jobs. As fans we can look at the reality and see the vast difference in resources and talent. Would you bet your house we beat Georgia in football in the next 4 years? Of course not!

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
yeah until we recruit closer to them the rivalry is a moot point and dead. their teams have too much talent to “scheme” them. we saw a guy many on here praise as some offensive savant do literally nothing against them.

elite perimeter athletes, an o line and a qb that can throw it all over the field is the only thing that can keep you in the game with them and we have literally none of those

To me it has to be a process. First you need to be a consistent winner (above 50% wins and consistent bowl team). Second you have to consistently beat teams with average or below average talent. So putting those two pieces together should get you to 8 or 9 wins on a regular basis. At that point, springing the occasional upset on teams with better talent is feasible. But you have to start with confident teams that expect to win.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
With current recrtiuts we can only hope they look past us. With a switched up defense and offense maybe our guys can get close enough to punch them in face. This year we did that for a half then they just went to physical dominance.

Cpj latest interview - he said physical dominance is key. That brought back memories of orange bowl and dt Claiborne or Pitt and their DT - unblockable by college players.

I think Key will build toughness and being dominant but to get near uga we got to have players with genes that let them become beast mode by junior year. Next year the ol will be upper classmen w 2 years and we should have a qb working under Key s team.

Uga has guys that come out of high school who are already entering beast mode.
Will take a few years and a qbs that can sling it to a wr that is always open w single coverage.
This year i hope to see progress at Thanksgiving. South - Keep that day open - for a beer or 4 at bds.
Rip um up.
Tear um up
Give um Hell
TECH

stech81

Helluva Engineer
No doubt the coaches and players think they can win any game. That's their jobs. As fans we can look at the reality and see the vast difference in resources and talent. Would you bet your house we beat Georgia in football in the next 4 years? Of course not!
We as fans can help by going to the games. People would be surprised at how much better a player will play in front of a full stadium. You want better players fill the stadium up each home game. If we don’t all we are doing is making it harder for the coaches to get some top players.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Who knew 6-7 missouri was so elite!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
yet it was a 3 point game at halftime this year. Nothing is impossible. Look at App St. and Michigan.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia obviously has the recourses to always beat us, but I’m not sure why people think a win so far out of the picture.
We are the last game before their championship tour begins every year, and the one they probably struggle to care about the most. Hence 10-7 at halftime this year. No hate on Gibson, I think he cleaned up a little near the end. But a healthy Pyron and I think it would’ve been 10-14 at the half. UGA likely still would have pulled ahead, but I think writing off the possibility of wins with everything going on right now is silly.
They’re lightyears ahead in money, but ask Kent state players how much they got paid to be 22-32 in the fourth quarter against the filthy dawgs.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Who knew 6-7 missouri was so elite!
Hoping to be the exception ( wild *** miracle win ) is not a good plan.

Its a cheaper plan.

We are not missouri or TCU in academics or course offerings . We are carnegie mellon and bucknell - patriot league)

We have to get way more donations to be relevant for the coming tv realignment.

Angel, Batt, Key have a plan to be competive as a rule not the exception .

Key said if "u aint w us now, don't join when shere on top".

Time to devote some cash flow to the plan.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hoping to be the exception ( wild *** miracle win ) is not a good plan.

Its a cheaper plan.

We are not missouri or TCU in academics or course offerings . We are carnegie mellon and bucknell - patriot league)

We have to get way more donations to be relevant for the coming tv realignment.

Angel, Batt, Key have a plan to be competive as a rule not the exception .

Key said if "u aint w us now, don't join when shere on top".

Time to devote some cash flow to the plan.
I'm just poking fun at what he said, I'm aware that hoping for uga to play poorly is not a good strategy.

JacketFan137

Banned
To me it has to be a process. First you need to be a consistent winner (above 50% wins and consistent bowl team). Second you have to consistently beat teams with average or below average talent. So putting those two pieces together should get you to 8 or 9 wins on a regular basis. At that point, springing the occasional upset on teams with better talent is feasible. But you have to start with confident teams that expect to win.
yeah it’s not something that will happen overnight unless we hired a deion or something lol

the more you win the easier it is to recruit