• WF by 14+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
my PPD suggests 26 - 20

I'll go with it.
Sorry you don't believe as I do that we score late (see above). 33- 20. All models need human tweaking at end.

I am bracketed so I can't win.
There for if I have to loss - I hope I loose to guy that picked 56 -0

Jmonty71

Banned
I agree with this. I am concerned about our injury situation, the possible loss of Mitchell and Benson and the fact that Wake Forest is much improved on defense. As sidewalk said their offense should not scare anyone but we need to move the ball and score TDs in the red zone when we get our opportunities. This could be closer than a lot of people think but I think the later start will help us in the long run. We will see.
Wake's QB is a decent downfield passer. I would not underestimate him. I doubt anyone has seen any Wake games. But, from what I seen. He may not have the footwork and running ability. But, he has a really good arm. His accuracy is streaky. He goes on spurts that he can't miss and spurts that he can't hit.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where are all these field goals some of y’all are predicting coming from?

From inside the 10. (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

I picked UM to win by 4....... I'll take GT by 3 in this one. 24-21. And that assumes Benson is 100%. If Benson doesn't play, we lose. Not having a reliable FG kicker really really hurts.

We'll get behind early and then tighten up and slowly recover. We'll do well to score as many as last week since we don't have the bye and Wake does. Plus we are so thin at many positions that the knicked up players not at 100% really make an impact.

Atomic has us winning 28-20. Way optimistic: GT 52nd and Wake 39th in JHowell rankings. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2017.htm

Last edited:

BigJacket

Banned
From inside the 10. (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

I picked UM to win by 4....... I'll take GT by 3 in this one. 24-21. And that assumes Benson is 100%. If Benson doesn't play, we lose. Not having a reliable FG kicker really really hurts.

We'll get behind early and then tighten up and slowly recover. We'll do well to score as many as last week since we don't have the bye and Wake does. Plus we are so thin at many positions that the knicked up players not at 100% really make an impact.

Atomic has us winning 28-20. Way optimistic: GT 52nd and Wake 39th in JHowell rankings. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2017.htm

This, I don’t understand why so many are picking us to just blow the doors off Wake?
Wake is a very solid team and this game will be decided late in the 4th. I will be shocked if either team wins by more than a TD, this is no gimmie for sure that many are predicting

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, one could really make the argument that this has cost us two games this year...

We could get into the age old circular argument about a single play losing us a game. Or just say that FG kicking was one of the parts of the game that prevented us from winning.

I think we agree that with Butker this year, we'd be 5-0.

Oh yeah, I see Benson is "probable". So not 100%. We have no margin for error IMHO.

Last edited:

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
From the AJC article about Wake: "The first number I'll use is 18, which is how many three-and-outs the Deacons have had in their past three games. That's out of 40 possible drives." YIKES!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
If we don't make good defensive adjustments during the 2nd half, we are not going to blow any decent team out. It all comes down to our TOP. If, and it's a big if, we have 3 or more long drives including some passing, with no turnovers, we should win 31-24, despite missing 2 FGs.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry man, but we are going to beat these guys like a drum if we come and play hard. Something like 40ish - 15ish...

Their first four games were against no one and they went 4-0...0-2 since then with us, Louisville, and Notre Dame looming. It's time for the Wake up call...

BigJacket

Banned
I'm sorry man, but we are going to beat these guys like a drum if we come and play hard. Something like 40ish - 15ish...

Their first four games were against no one and they went 4-0...0-2 since then with us, Louisville, and Notre Dame looming. It's time for the Wake up call...

Hope you’re right but I think you’re dead wrong. Wake is solid, we will have our hands full and then some

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's hard to judge how well a defense will play against us. A team with a great pass defense doesn't necessarily translate well against us. Generally it's the teams with the horses up front the do well against us. Wake is still a well coached team and will probably play well defensively. My prediction is more based on our defense performing well and getting our offense lots of chances to score.