• WF by 7-13

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WF by 14+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My little yellow jacket decided he was going to come a month early on Tuesday and has been fighting and doing well against the odds. I'm feeling like we're going to finally put the pieces together and put a compete game together against a quality Wake Forest team! 42-17 Jackets

Best of luck to the little guy! Being a yellow jacket at birth has already set him up for great success!

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
24-17 Good Guys

I don't see us putting up a pile of points in this one. Wake has a good D and they've had a bye week to get healthy and prepared, but their O doesn't really scare me at all.

BigJacket

Banned
Wake has an excellent Defense and is not the Weak Forest of old. I think this game will be decided late in the 4th quarter...I predict the Defense finally comes thru on final drive and stops Wake inside the redzone to preserve the win.

28-24 Jackets

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the folks who see this as a tighter game. I think we will have a greater than one score lead most of the night, but not a three touchdown lead. I expect something like 28-20, or thereabouts.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake is giving up the 12th fewest points in the country so far, granted against some inferior competition with the exception of Clemson (28 pts) & FSU (26 pts). I don't expect to see us in the 40's, but they haven't been great against the run and are in the bottom third in red zone defense, so I expect us to move the ball and get into the end zone a fair amount. I'm thinking something like 31-17 good guys.

Deleted member 2897

Well I predicted Georgia Tech over Miami 26-23 last week and was sadly wrong. But I'm not backing down, and I think back at home on a decent field in perfect weather we are going to unleash some whoopass. After giving up a couple leads, when we get a lead this time we're not going to take any chances. They beat Appalachian State by 1 point and we have improved dramatically in the containment of mobile quarterbacks.

39-23, because I am going to try and pick rare numbers this time for no particular reason.

Deleted member 2897

Wake is giving up the 12th fewest points in the country so far, granted against some inferior competition with the exception of Clemson (28 pts) & FSU (26 pts). I don't expect to see us in the 40's, but they haven't been great against the run and are in the bottom third in red zone defense, so I expect us to move the ball and get into the end zone a fair amount. I'm thinking something like 31-17 good guys.

Remember though Clemson's Kelly Bryant got hurt with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He left the game when it was 21-0 with 23 minutes left to play. And we all know how Florida State has been this year. Wake beat Appalachian State by 1 point. We should be able to slowly and methodically wear them down over time. Although it would be nice to have our first real big breakaway plays on some early drives. Also, we have beat the spread 8 straight games.

Last edited by a moderator: