@VT

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Meltdown city at the end. First you can't get the ball inbounds and then THAT shot. Okogie or Jackson has to drive to the basket in that scenario.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. Meltdown city at the end. First you can't get the ball inbounds and then THAT shot. Okogie or Jackson has to drive to the basket in that scenario.
Exactly.... Why would Jackson throw the ball to the rim it was very risky and even if it worked out VT would have 10 seconds to score? You still got to be impressed with how this young team is playing on the road in the ACC.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
A solid performance on the road in Blacksburg. Didn't close out the game the way we should, and the wrong guy had the ball at the end of the game. Not a knock on Stephens, as he was fantastic all night, but that situation screams for a slasher to get to the rack or create a great look for a teammate. Regardless, these guys are fun to watch and CPast has us trending in the right direction.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Would've been easy for the guys to give up when they got down 9. Proud of the fight and the way they shot the ball tonight. That's three good games in a row for Q, which I hope is a sign of things to come.

Obviously disappointed with the 2nd to last possession, but didn't hate the shot at the end. This was one that could have gone either way - disappointed in the result, but certainly not the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Foolish play by Tadric trying to hit Lammers at the rim, but his teammates weren't really helping him. I don't mind Q taking the shot at the end there, it was mighty close to a game-winner. Proud of the fight in this team to keep it close on the road. They took everything VT had and kept coming. I love to watch Okogie and Lammers play, and Heath, Tadric, and Q have been playing well too. Keep it up, guys, and keep your head up. We'll get the next one.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
The last shot was a set play for Stephens. I think it was put in by CJP for at least these reasons: 1) Stephens had the hottest hand overall in the game; 2) Stephens is a senior; 3) Stephens has the best length of the possible shooters against the smaller VT lineup so most likely to get a clean look.

Complaining about plays or things done in a close road loss to VT with this Tech team doesn't really feel right to me. I find myself asking after each game if I would have been amazed at the result before the season, and I would have been impressed with this one, as I have been with many games this year.

Better on free throws, make a couple more gimme layups, Tadric finishes a breakaway strong once or twice and the Jackets would have won anyway. Seriously, on the road at Blacksburg against a clearly better team and that is the ultimate outcome? That is another argument for CJP as ACC coach of the year is what that is.

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Did you notice how clearly good and more talented VT is? How hard they played? Look at their effort on loose balls. They really wanted to win and yet Tech played right with them basically the entire game, played really fantastic defense, and we can sit here and think we should have won. Wow. This is a new era of Jacket basketball.

If Q's last shot had fallen then I would have been here openly wondering what it would take to make the NIT. And I would not have been clinically insane either.