@VT

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Ugh, this game. I imagine the line will be, VT -12 to -14

We have to basically be perfect here.
We can neutralize 18th year senior Leday I think. But they have a TON of guys who can shoot the ball. If at any point you recognize a bunch of names it because we may as well be playing the All BG Swing and Miss Team. Khadim Sy, Ahmed Hill and Ty Outlaw were all potential GT player. Bibbs, Allen, Robinson and Hill can all shoot it. Chris Clarke is their sixth man and probably one of the top 5 athletes in the conference and has game.

Not sure we can run with these guys but we should push on the missed shots like we like to do. We are going to have to get great efforts from probably all four of our scoring options (JO Ben Jax and Q)to beat this team.

Then again......they lost by 26 at NCST recently.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

You guys that follow the sport closely can have all the fun predicting game results. I look at the ACC standings and results and just get confused. The most I will say is we either beat the spread by 22 and win or lose by 30 or more.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If Q plays like he did against NC State we have a shot. I agree with Buzz, we'll gamble and hope we can catch VT on a night of bad shooting from deep.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
After starting 12-1 and beating Duke, they've lost 3 out of their last 4. That only win coming against a very blah Cuse team.

This game should go down as an L for us, but it's starting to get difficult to keep the expectations in check...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

We have to basically be perfect here.
We can neutralize 18th year senior Leday I think. But they have a TON of guys who can shoot the ball. If at any point you recognize a bunch of names it because we may as well be playing the All BG Swing and Miss Team. Khadim Sy, Ahmed Hill and Ty Outlaw were all potential GT player. Bibbs, Allen, Robinson and Hill can all shoot it. Chris Clarke is their sixth man and probably one of the top 5 athletes in the conference and has game.

Not sure we can run with these guys but we should push on the missed shots like we like to do. We are going to have to get great efforts from probably all four of our scoring options (JO Ben Jax and Q)to beat this team.

The VT defense is surrendering an average of 84 points per game to ACC opponents. I think they are a lot like NCSU on both ends of the floor. One advantage for VT on the offensive end is the absence of a guy who wants to polish his NBA QV every night.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just noticed the line is VT -10.

I think this reflects the fact that most gamblers still have not bought in to our improvement. I have to admit, I doubt I would take those points for more than an inconsequential sum. Saying on this forum that I think we can beat VT is different than laying down hard cash.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I think this reflects the fact that most gamblers still have not bought in to our improvement. I have to admit, I doubt I would take those points for more than an inconsequential sum. Saying on this forum that I think we can beat VT is different than laying down hard cash.

If we were at home I'd put some $ down to cover. On the road I think VT covers 10.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If we were at home I'd put some $ down to cover. On the road I think VT covers 10.
However, at VCU, at NC State, even at home but with a UNC crowd are indicators that this team can perform well on the road.

At this point I expect to be shocked by the Jacket's performance each game as they keep defying my expectations.

slugboy

Staff member

Wasn't NC State favored by 10?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I am as enthusiastic about our ACC start as anyone. As has been said, we've won more games than I think anyone imagined at 5 games in.

With that said, recent success makes it easy to forget what we looked like during this 3 game stretch right before UNC:
upload_2017-1-17_23-11-37.png

We may not be as bad as this anymore. We also may not win, let alone win convincingly, as much as we already have in the ACC going forward. There's a lot of space between both ends of the spectrum and a lot of games remaining for us to see where we stack up.

We are still an offensively challenged team. I imagine there will be some clunkers still to come. Hopefully we can minimize the number of occurrences and continue to bring energy on D to offset the times when those games come.

I have no clue what to expect tomorrow, but I'm excited to find out.

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's a good reminder Cuse.
Just 3 weeks ago this team looked as weak as any. Last few weeks, it has looked very solid.
Basketball is a long season and it tends to ebb and flow. We are likely to have another stretch where this team looks just bad.

This team could lose 13 straight ACC games, I don't think they will but they could.
My belief is that the confidence has risen enough that if it isn't destroyed in the next 4 game stretch, then this team really should win another 2-4 ACC games.
Tonight is going to be tough, just like any road ACC Game will be.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That's a good reminder Cuse.
Just 3 weeks ago this team looked as weak as any. Last few weeks, it has looked very solid.
Basketball is a long season and it tends to ebb and flow. We are likely to have another stretch where this team looks just bad.

This team could lose 13 straight ACC games, I don't think they will but they could.
My belief is that the confidence has risen enough that if it isn't destroyed in the next 4 game stretch, then this team really should win another 2-4 ACC games.
Tonight is going to be tough, just like any road ACC Game will be.

Am I crazy or do you think we can play with ND at home as well?