@VT

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Am I crazy or do you think we can play with ND at home as well?

Probably as I think ND is too efficient on offense. Too good.

This team could do it though if they had a bad night. But they will get blown out a couple more times. Gonna happen. Could be VT. Could be ND. The margin is too small

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Beachem is a guy who could hit 6 threes in a heartbeat but Colson doesn't scare me at all. I think we matchup well. VT scares me more than ND

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The pace ND plays at is going to be very comfortable for GT as they are 248th in adjusted tempo (GT is 237).

VT is a fast paced team - 61st nationally

At least they don't go super deep.
They basically play 6 guys starter minutes - LeDay, Clarke, Hill, Robinson, Bibbs and Allen and then have 2 guys that give them 10-12 mpg in Sy and Outlaw.

Good 3-pt shooting team which is dangerous for us. Good shooting team period - 48% overall, 39% threes in ACC games. Not real big, but very athletic team with 6'7, 235 LeDay and 6'6, 220 Clarke manning the 2 most interior positions.

Look at their rotations they basically play 4 guards very similar minutes in the 1-3 positions and then Clarke and LeDay both go over 30 at the 4-5 with Sy and Outlaw getting 10-12 min. I think Outlaw sort of swings between 3-4.

They have not rebounded the ball well in ACC games being outrebounded by almost 7 per game.

To me this game feels like it will be about pace and defending the 3. if we can play at our pace and VT doesn't have a shooting night like L'ville or Duke (which is completely possible) then we have a chance. Otherwise it is likely a road loss. Hopefully Lammers has a nice rebound game after the tough offensive game against NCST.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am as enthusiastic about our ACC start as anyone. As has been said, we've won more games than I think anyone imagined at 5 games in.

With that said, recent success makes it easy to forget what we looked like during this 3 game stretch right before UNC:
View attachment 2169

We may not be as bad as this anymore. We also may not win, let alone win convincingly, as much as we already have in the ACC going forward. There's a lot of space between both ends of the spectrum and a lot of games remaining for us to see where we stack up.

We are still an offensively challenged team. I imagine there will be some clunkers still to come. Hopefully we can minimize the number of occurrences and continue to bring energy on D to offset the times when those games come.

I have no clue what to expect tomorrow, but I'm excited to find out.

AMEN! Was thinking about this last night about how bad we looked against UGA and how "lucky" we were to get the "W" against the Terriers.

i.e. Don't let the current success let us forget what can be...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The pace ND plays at is going to be very comfortable for GT as they are 248th in adjusted tempo (GT is 237).

VT is a fast paced team - 61st nationally

At least they don't go super deep.
They basically play 6 guys starter minutes - LeDay, Clarke, Hill, Robinson, Bibbs and Allen and then have 2 guys that give them 10-12 mpg in Sy and Outlaw.

Good 3-pt shooting team which is dangerous for us. Good shooting team period - 48% overall, 39% threes in ACC games. Not real big, but very athletic team with 6'7, 235 LeDay and 6'6, 220 Clarke manning the 2 most interior positions.

Look at their rotations they basically play 4 guards very similar minutes in the 1-3 positions and then Clarke and LeDay both go over 30 at the 4-5 with Sy and Outlaw getting 10-12 min. I think Outlaw sort of swings between 3-4.

They have not rebounded the ball well in ACC games being outrebounded by almost 7 per game.

To me this game feels like it will be about pace and defending the 3. if we can play at our pace and VT doesn't have a shooting night like L'ville or Duke (which is completely possible) then we have a chance. Otherwise it is likely a road loss. Hopefully Lammers has a nice rebound game after the tough offensive game against NCST.
Defensively, they look vulnerable. I think the score could be over the current line.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this FSU ND game that's on before us better hurry up. This has overtime written all over it. We may miss the first ten min of our game at this rate :banghead: