VT Replay

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember #71 destroying som NFL linemen against FSU in 2014. He's been good since then too, but I remember being very impressed that night. There's no doubt in my mind he will have a great season next year and success in the NFL.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
#71 played solid. 43 snaps 4 quarters (stamina not an issue).his holes and body was used more for plenty of yards. his blocks was more effective than not. he got beat on his blocks under5 times. got ran over once completed majority of his assignments. 0 fouls very disciplined.(even though #60 tried that same unc bs on 3rd yard line to draw the foul). 3 missed blocks .couple multi blocks.#71 was on the ground alot but with contact .my concerns (there is only 2) devine trips or was tripped up i counted 9 times .a couple times on #55 a couple on #11 and #79. mainly 0n pulling plays .probably for lack of practice with the new line up. shamire is big. size 19 shoe. this needs to be addressed and practice so this simple fact does not blow up a good play.2nd concern is the start situation. the reason has been said "#71 can not scoop and is not playing to his full potential." coach sewalk to this i say bs. dont know what scooping but if he cant do it, its physically impossible for him .(there is plenty more he can do.) his full potential? sewalk please stop it now. he is not hendering his potential ,yall are. hope this game shows what you can get when you do something other than cpj football.the team played well as a team. the d brought their game(all of them) #34 and #11 used the holes like 2014 .#70 is a baller and played hard ,#79 has been playing more aggressive, i like it. where is #67 jake stickler y is he on the side line .i challenge gt coaches to play their talent .stop favoritism coaching,and play ball .i am starting feel like the coaches don't want to win.85% credit for this game goes to the players 10% to the equipment staff 4% to the fans that showed up and supported in a hostel environment 1% to the coaches.great game it felt good to be a JACKET Saturday. o yeah no this was not #71 best game this year imo Vandy was . good job any way i seen your body sacrificed more sat than any game this year, reminded me of fsu 2015 .for that i am sorry hang in there kid its almost over.
way to bring home a W team .i'm with the student athletes , they work hard for our entertainment.GO JACKETS View attachment 1996
I think the coaches all want to win. Their jobs depend on it, if nothing else. Sham played well, but I think he can play better. He is not the only one who fits this category. Most of the guys, if not all, will tell you straight up there are things they can do better.

Also, coaches are tough SOB's. Playing college football is not the meek and mild and not only for the physical nature of the game. Your self esteem takes a beating. It takes a beating when you get chewed. This is not something unique to Shamire. It's not something unique to our staff, either. Just about all coaches chew their men. But think about why they do it. Is is done in mean spirit? I don't think so. I think it's done because they want to see their players achieve greatness and reach their full potential.

It's been said that the worst thing a coach can do is stop chewing your *** when you screw up. When he does that, it means he's given up on you.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think the coaches all want to win. Their jobs depend on it, if nothing else. Sham played well, but I think he can play better. He is not the only one who fits this category. Most of the guys, if not all, will tell you straight up there are things they can do better.

Also, coaches are tough SOB's. Playing college football is not the meek and mild and not only for the physical nature of the game. Your self esteem takes a beating. It takes a beating when you get chewed. This is not something unique to Shamire. It's not something unique to our staff, either. Just about all coaches chew their men. But think about why they do it. Is is done in mean spirit? I don't think so. I think it's done because they want to see their players achieve greatness and reach their full potential.

It's been said that the worst thing a coach can do is stop chewing your *** when you screw up. When he does that, it means he's given up on you.

Coming up I had one baseball coach and one football coach who really chewed on me (I never took it personally as I knew I deserved it). When I got on the job after GT graduation I had a boss that intimidated everyone (he made my coaches seem meek). I really was not afraid of him and he sensed and actually appreciated that. We developed a relationship that turned into a great benefit for my career down the road. Thanks coaches!

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan

so they get a pass for being sobs? its ok to kill a person self esteem because you can and hold a small title ? some of these kids are still building their selves finding their identity. family is about building each other up not tearing down. but this isn't a family.that part i mistook as a common sense definition of team . sorry shamire came in meek and mild . which is different and unique.this makes his character special. no one should be able to destroy that part .don't let the smooth taste fool you .there is a mean streak in him .(we rather that stay to a minimum ) getting chewed out for doing wrong is understandable . getting ripped into for doing what was asked of you . is wrong and some bully tactics .to see some one achieve greatness .get to know them communicate spend time and work on a plan . insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results .(GT coaches) imo the worst thing a coach can do is not recognize the talent he has and customize attack scheme to fit.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Coming up I had one baseball coach and one football coach who really chewed on me (I never took it personally as I knew I deserved it). When I got on the job after GT graduation I had a boss that intimidated everyone (he made my coaches seem meek). I really was not afraid of him and he sensed and actually appreciated that. We developed a relationship that turned into a great benefit for my career down the road. Thanks coaches!
my post had nothing to do about chewing out but i dont mind speaking on it .no chew out this week .last week different story.what did he do to get curse out and physically punished? does any one know? a foul that wasn't his fault? how many fouls Has #71 had through out his GT career about 6 i believe it's less .mistakes happen though right.so why take him out the majority of the game?then through him in the 4TH to try help clean up .coaches please.but i am over UNC. over the coaches i just want t play ,win ,get out unhurt with a diploma .2017 *****the views an opinion of i am a b 2 are solely mines and not of the SA #71) he has been raised to respect his elders, authority and other whom deserves it.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, #60 had 10 tackles including 3 for a loss. I'm not sure when a DL of ours did that last. I thought he played a really good game and gave us fits. Now, our guys blocked really well and I am glad to know WB got some shots on #60 for himself. We are young up front, but the confidence is palpable, as is the potential. Can you imagine this group a couple years from now?

VPI has 3 starting seniors on that DL. Next year they will be young and talented but a lot of teams we faced this year had a good amount of upperclassmen on their starting lines. For 3 true fr to go into that environment and perform at that level makes me very optimistic.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Will was Pissed. He was having the game of his life, just a little to hyped. The VT players as they shifted were yelling hike. Kinda a Bull**** deal. The nice thing is that this is a great group. Easy to support. Im so thankful that I have gotten to know these men. lets win 9!

If the defense is shouting "hike" while moving, shouldn't that be a penalty on them for simulating a snap? I'm not positive, but I thought there was a rule about that.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple of thoughts:

This was not Shamire's best game. Not in my opinion and probably not that close either. He made some good blocks along the way, for sure.

MJ is faster than a lot of people think. In fact, I would say he is right there with Vad Lee as the second fastest QB in CPJ's era. He would beat both Josh and Tevin in a race.

Don't shortchange MJ's arm either. He can really throw the ball. He has arm strength and accuracy. He just needs to get comfortable with the speed of the game and making throwing decisions under duress. Don't sell him short. He has more time to prove himself in this area.

The lights were shining bright on MJ Saturday. He wasn't perfect and the pressure of the game affected him. But, give him credit for this much: while under ufamiliar pressure, his base reaction was to pin his ears back and play hard. He may have forced a couple things, but he was the farthest thing from meek and hesitant. Give me that any day, even if it leads to a loss.

A thousand times yes. What I saw was him playing hard, the whole game. That's the type of thing you want to see in a very tough place to get your first start.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks Will was Pissed. He was having the game of his life, just a little to hyped. The VT players as they shifted were yelling hike. Kinda a Bull**** deal. The nice thing is that this is a great group. Easy to support. Im so thankful that I have gotten to know these men. lets win 9!
I could tell that he was pissed; I'll take Will hyped over anyone else. He was playing really well and I knew when he got that second procedure penalty he was going to have to come out, and that sucked. Lesson learned, and I'm sure it will make him even stronger. He's fun to watch, I know you're proud.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a big #71 fan. Never been down on him. He has the potential to play on Sunday. Good size, smart, good attitude, quick feet - size 19 wow!!! not Shaq size but big. I do see however why the coaches sometimes play the other guys. Simply said, they are better at pulling but Shaq's power and pass blocking is very good. Injuries are also a hard thing to measure. Don't know if #71 is or has this year struggled with ankle hurts. Others have issues as well but as a group they are becoming pretty special.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a big #71 fan. Never been down on him. He has the potential to play on Sunday. Good size, smart, good attitude, quick feet - size 19 wow!!! not Shaq size but big. I do see however why the coaches sometimes play the other guys. Simply said, they are better at pulling but Shaq's power and pass blocking is very good. Injuries are also a hard thing to measure. Don't know if #71 is or has this year struggled with ankle hurts. Others have issues as well but as a group they are becoming pretty special.
Maybe I am comming across wrong. I am not griping or an unhappy person that just likes to complain fact is I rarely ever complain or speak out.and I probably wouldn't say to much in public about this situation but after 3 years and what I seen heard and read.its become to much.gt recruited a big guy use the big to your advantage .stop trying to make home do smaller player stuff and then diss, punish,ignore,and treat him bad because it didn't work out .i SAID it before he is a gt olineman experiment.just let him ball he will show you.he can ball open holes and protect the qb.is that not an olinemans job? Not in this scheme? But if y'all knew that y recruit him .he could of went anywhere but his love for computers and his flexibility on the field has us thinking gt was perfect. I felt like a factory would not have served his education. Any justice also we did not know what a triple option was because all he do is what a coach tells him to.plenty people mention Sunday playing that's not promised and no guarantee he will want that.but Saturday ball is what he works hard everyday for.everyone should play and if rotating starting position is the coaches choice fine too.but this unfair stuff that's going on behind the scene. No parent wants their kid treated so.if they are going publicly throw salt on my kid name than I will publicly pull their card.if speaking truth on the coaches on the swarm is uncomfortable .I will not do so. I like the swarm.the coaches can keep ignoring his contributions to the team. I have is back and have no problem saying good job devine you played well or bad. He is not looking for recognition just some fairness. The life of a lineman no credit .I got that part he been a lineman for 17 years now all of a sudden he ain't good enough for a touch down. ( nice to know i have dlineman too.)It don't take 8 min for a touch down 1 good block or pass.vt showed that. For all those who see his hard work and don't believe media brainwashed hype thanks .lets get the rest of these W's.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
I love Shamire. He is a fantastic young man. He has the talent to go to the next level. He is also a serious student. I am very thankful that I have gotten to know a lot of these young men. Its a group you can be proud of!
Thanks we just want ball

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm pretty sure the play where Shamire got dumped on his backside, somebody stepped on his foot. Although I couldn't see the foot, it looked like one of those plays where he needed to bring his foot back for leverage and balance and couldn't do so. One of the things I like so much about Shamire is he brings a different set of abilities that defenses must account for. He is a very different player from the rest of the guys we have out there.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
That play look like he just got ran over but there are 9 other plays whrr he trips on #55 #11 #79 and I'm Positive its from not practicing much as a squad. #55 and #11 have wider stances than he is use to.he tweek that ankle in the 4 the so we will see if he can fixed that or even play

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
This game solidified my view that the offence can be outstanding for the next couple years (in fact I was amazed at the level of performance with such a young line and a backup QB) and my hope that the defense could make a strong improvement from where it has been. Would love a nine win season.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Copy right flags are not a problem if you let them put advertisements on your video.

Google does that automatically. As far as my own ad revenue, I am not set up to monetize. I honestly have no idea how or why the "flag gets thrown" outside of maybe someone legitimately doesn't want their music or video played outside their control. Heck, I have no qualms about anyone who owns the rights getting some sort of payback, as all I am doing is giving more longevity to a dead product. My only monetary consideration would be an occasional technology upgrade, but I can crowd source that if I REALLY need to. I really don't fully understand the copywrite flags and warnings at this point. The only consistency is it's mostly not enforced outside of an occasional random burp by the auditing software.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This game solidified my view that the offence can be outstanding for the next couple years (in fact I was amazed at the level of performance with such a young line and a backup QB) and my hope that the defense could make a strong improvement from where it has been. Would love a nine win season.
I agree with you, but it is also funny at the same time. Had our defense laid another egg, people would be talking about how our offense stinks. We only passed for 40 yards and had a total of 350. We didn't score nearly every possession etc. But, because we won the game, the offense is really promising. The truth is, we did just enough on offense and our defense had a really strong day compared to the norm.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but it is also funny at the same time. Had our defense laid another egg, people would be talking about how our offense stinks. We only passed for 40 yards and had a total of 350. We didn't score nearly every possession etc. But, because we won the game, the offense is really promising. The truth is, we did just enough on offense and our defense had a really strong day compared to the norm.
I can remember the days we would have been happy with 30 points