VT Replay

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but it is also funny at the same time. Had our defense laid another egg, people would be talking about how our offense stinks. We only passed for 40 yards and had a total of 350. We didn't score nearly every possession etc. But, because we won the game, the offense is really promising. The truth is, we did just enough on offense and our defense had a really strong day compared to the norm.

I can remember the days we would have been happy with 30 points

I agree with the sentiment behind both these posts.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the sentiment behind both these posts.

It amazes me how much sentiment can change in a single season. After UNC I would have thought we would need over 40 pts to win any game and that there was almost no chance Sunday now I am thinking that maybe the turnover drought may be over and defense may have turned the corner enough for us to win out. Hope I feel the same way by this time next week... and the next.
By the way the holder for Vatech is a close family friend but I was happy he blew the hold and spot on their field goal attempt.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I said in an earlier thread that I thought Shamire (#71) played his best game in a Tech uniform. Aside from the one confrontation with Baron mentioned above, he was simply collapsing everything in front of him and a lot to the sides. I was laughing out loud at some of those blocks. I think he was a bit leaked at Baron and decided to take it out on him and the rest of the Turkey D.

I agree.I think him coming in fresh made a difference also.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but it is also funny at the same time. Had our defense laid another egg, people would be talking about how our offense stinks. We only passed for 40 yards and had a total of 350. We didn't score nearly every possession etc. But, because we won the game, the offense is really promising. The truth is, we did just enough on offense and our defense had a really strong day compared to the norm.

The large success of the fball team really as per normal is dependent on the defense.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
Attention, some of you. Paragraphs are your friends. My eyes and head hurts from trying to read so many run on sentences.:inpain:
I don't even bother to read them. I figure some other soul, bless your heart, will read and respond. Then I use the response to guess at what the run on post was about.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
One caveat is that the offense had 3 freshmen on the OL and backups playing at BB and QB. There might be more complaints about the offense if the usual starters had played.