VT Postgame

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
IMG_8444.JPG
"Shhhhhhhhhhh..." - CL

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! Great effort by our guys. Defense played their best game of the year. Matthew Jordan was a warrior today. Those true freshman on the O-line are impressive. Solid performance by Rodwell and Butker too. I can't wait to cheer on the guys at BDS on Senior Day (11/19. Im sure tickets are still available). I hope to see the stadium full and supporting these guys. They deserve it.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
DL played really well for the first time I can remember this year. The pressure we got on them was almost exclusively the DL. Didn't blitz much outside of a few blitzes in the first half. The freshman OL really battled but IMHO the difference in what we saw today was the DL. Not sure if it was Gamble at DE or something else but they were different.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For a few years now you could see that Bud Foster had a set of keys he would read on defense, one of which was going with our pulling guards regardless of the direction of the play. Well, CPJ had a trick up his sleeve today, running behind the back side of his pulling guards. Priceless. The game was won with turnovers AND traps (as described)on the interior. We also screwed with their timing of the snap with fake AB motion.

I'm glad our defense had a game they can build on. Don't fret about the near 200 yards in the last 5 minutes. They were just playing to the situation, big lead and not much time left.

Now it is time to build off a good win. Can't have a let down against the Hoohs.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
For a few years now you could see that Bud Foster had a set of keys he would read on defense, one of which was going with our pulling guards regardless of the direction of the play. Well, CPJ had a trick up his sleeve today, running behind the back side of his pulling guards. Priceless. The game was won with turnovers AND traps (as described)on the interior. We also screwed with their timing of the snap with fake AB motion.

I'm glad our defense had a game they can build on. Don't fret about the near 200 yards in the last 5 minutes. They were just playing to the situation, big lead and not much time left.

Now it is time to build off a good win. Can't have a let down against the Hoohs.

Is that what was going on? I know we had a ton of success with Marshall cutting behind the center on the backside of the play, but I thought he was just reading holes. Was that called?