VT Postgame

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Is that what was going on? I know we had a ton of success with Marshall cutting behind the center on the backside of the play, but I thought he was just reading holes. Was that called?

The game within the game:

Foster has his defense key on pulling guards. So...we pull a guard in the wrong direction of the play and half of the defense follows him and run themselves out of the play. Was that a called play? No doubt.

/

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Wow. I clearly did not see this coming. A great game with some solid D. I heard the announcer say Roof had not slept in weeks trying to figure a D. Well, he did.

Great performance by the Jackets today. I'm celebrating the win and only wondering if we could've done better against Miami and Pitt. Regardless, looks like we can finish strong.

Go Jackets!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Very impressed with how the team responded. Was happy to see some more guys rotating on the Dline today. Loved the grit and intensity they showed today.

This reminded me a lot of our 2014 team. We controlled the TOP, kept them off the field, and forced some big turnovers. Hope we keep the momentum and continue to build on this. Next 2 games are very winnable if we play with the same intensity.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
You know what I like about this?

First time I can remember where we appear to be getting tougher in mid-November.

I wonder, though, what happens over the next couple weeks as JT gets better.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Obviously a trick question... Based upon the stats below, which team won?

upload_2016-11-12_22-9-42.png

Proof that turnovers made the difference. :)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Fuente Quotes

Bud Foster Quotes
On some of the defensive mistakes: “I’ll say this, I think Paul Johnson did a really great job tonight. He was one step ahead of me. We were always trying to get our front moving, he was always trying to counter that. The first touchdown pop, they were doing a nice job loading things up and they got up to Mike who was our pitch player on that particular play. That’s what we’ve been able to avoid the majority of the time the last few years we’ve played these guys. The big play—they got two big plays against us and it was costly.”
On whether he was surprised by backup QB Justin Thomas: “No, they kept with what they were doing. What they did last week—they rushed for about 350 against North Carolina last week and put up a bunch of points and turned the ball over a couple of times. They were loading up the alley early and I thought we did a nice job adjusting to that and they caught us with a trap there in the second half. We had the short field that was a short position for us just before half; we needed to hold them to three points and we didn’t. It is what it is. He moved his chess players around better than I did. We needed to not allow the big plays and we gave up two big plays and that cost us the football game when it’s all said and done.”

Assume the question was about Jordan rather than Thomas on the last quote above.