VMI post game thread

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Key looked mad about something at the end of the game. Didn't show up in the conference.

Any idea what it was or just very focused and trying to project to team to the end regardless of score?
To me...it looked like he was mad because Shelly wanted to return a punt but his blockers were kinda loafing...think he is trying to keep them focused

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
To me...it looked like he was mad because Shelly wanted to return a punt but his blockers were kinda loafing...think he is trying to keep them focused
I noticed early in the game a player was back to block a punt. Our returner started running and the blocker just stood there and did not even try to block the tackler who made the play after a short return. Pissed me off too.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I noticed early in the game a player was back to block a punt. Our returner started running and the blocker just stood there and did not even try to block the tackler who made the play after a short return. Pissed me off too.
Not exactly an excuse, but maybe he somehow thought a fair catch had been signaled?

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Trelain Maddox is a big dude - he ran hard and was really taking it to the defenders. Scoota continues to flash big play ability - that combo looks like a bright future.

Butler also looked good at LB.

It was a great effort all around, especially on defense. I know it doesn't mean much against a team like VMI, but it's nice to see the team handle the game the way they're 'expected' to handle it.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Team Stats per the ESPN app
1000001105.jpg