VMI post game thread

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Compared to me, when you were a kid was the day before yesterday. Uniforms looked great!
yeah this is true

these are the uniforms I first remember

1726495723375.png

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
For mid-September the temperature and sun were perfect, and if there's going to be rain this is the way for it to have been.

Kudos to the AD department for having the music volume being very reasonable!!

Was disappointed in the crowd size, but understand considering the forecast.
Agree but, the upper East was basically empty, couldn't have been 1,000 fans up there. The rain was an off/on drizzle, IMO no excuse for that much of a lack of fan support at a time when we are trying to build momentum for the future. Kudos to the students they showed, at least for the first half.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I'm a bit surprised they actually got down the field and scored a TD.That speaks somewhat to our depth which may show up sooner than later with injuries. A small point but----.
we want to be considered a top competitive program but VMI without their #1 QB is not in the category of playing a MId-Am team like Ball St that uM beat 62-zero or Purdue that got buzzed by ND by 57-- two teams that we will see soon.
2 plays. against 5th string dbs

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Philo has a lot of the same qualities as King. I'm hoping he turns into a really good QB for us an continues a trend for getting quality quarterbacks in the future.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Philo looked noticeably undersized on the field, but I just checked his player profile on rambliwreck and supposedly he is 6-2, 215. I guess my eyes decieved me.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you really track that? If so, what are the overall statistics?
Yeah, I started a tracker for our uni combos for each game going back to 2018 (started it when we changed to adidas, but I might work backward from there eventually). I can share the whole Google Sheet or I can answer specific questions that you have. For example, we wore the same exact uniform combo for the 2019 VT, 2020 Cuse, 2021 NIU, and 2021 ND games, which in my opinion were some of the worst losses in modern history.

BranMart

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, I started a tracker for our uni combos for each game going back to 2018 (started it when we changed to adidas, but I might work backward from there eventually). I can share the whole Google Sheet or I can answer specific questions that you have. For example, we wore the same exact uniform combo for the 2019 VT, 2020 Cuse, 2021 NIU, and 2021 ND games, which in my opinion were some of the worst losses in modern history.
Well what was the combo?