Virginia Tech

Deleted member 2897

k87jDx.gif

65Jacket

GT Athlete
There was a GT player wearing number 50 today. There is no 50 on our roster. One player's mother said she did not recognize him. Anyone know who that is?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I like winning the series.

VT mostly outplayed us. 9 hits to our 7. 1 errors to our 2. 10 walks to our 7 walks (and 2 HBP).

But Reid and Crawford are studs. Wish all the upperclassmen could pull their weight.

Tomorrow go for the sweep. That is sweet! Another come from behind in the 8th. We forced them to throw 158 pitches in out 8 innings with 4 pitchers. Should help for tomorrow.

I couldn't see Reid's (SFF) HR since ACCNX went off the air after 3:05 hours. Sucks. Hope there is a highlight on it, over batters eye.

Anyone know when Jenkins can come back? Hopefully, we can have him and Reid in the line up.

WREK announcers are pretty good. Wiley and Roddy were good on ACCNX while it was on.

Bartnicki starting tomorrow. VT pitcher has a 26-2 SO to BB ratio. Screw it, we're playing with house money.

As D1baseball.com said about the GT - VT series: "Heralded VT starting pitcher Ian Seymour is the one to watch this weekend. Seymour has been terrific, striking out 26 and walking two in 14.1 innings of work."

We've gotten enough runs to win the first 2 somehow. Hope we break out tomorrow.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I hope tomorrow we put them away early rather than the 8th or 9th.
That way the palms can relax on the brooms.
A sweep after the daylight saving time. Why is it “saving,” when losing an hour?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If I'm not mistaken, VT lineup is relatively heavy with LH bats. Bartnicki should be a relatively good matchup. Relatively speaking.

Bottom line.... We're 0.1 wins away from @GTNavyNuke hitting the bullseye with his weekend win prediction. ;)

How great would it be to sweep 1st ACC series of 2020?

Just need to win a one inning game (with rounding)?

As D1baseball.com said about the GT - VT series: "Heralded VT starting pitcher Ian Seymour is the one to watch this weekend. Seymour has been terrific, striking out 26 and walking two in 14.1 innings of work."

We've gotten enough runs to win the first 2 somehow. Hope we break out tomorrow.

OK, Seymour has a WHIP of .70. He pitched against UNC Greensboro (I'm guessing) (10-4), Louisiana (6-9) and Bryant (2-10). So he hasn't faced the best hitting teams. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=213249

But his Cape Cod numbers last summer were 2.48 ERA in 25.1IP. 6 BB and 39 SO. D1 had him as the 5th highest Cape Cod LHP prospect.

So legit. Teams that put their best pitcher on Sunday make sense to get at least one win out of the series. Very unlikely that VT will be a contender in Coastal this year, so it makes perfect sense. Hope they don't win .9 games today.

GT19901990

Georgia Tech Fan
Just need to win a one inning game (with rounding)?

OK, Seymour has a WHIP of .70. He pitched against UNC Greensboro (I'm guessing) (10-4), Louisiana (6-9) and Bryant (2-10). So he hasn't faced the best hitting teams. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=213249

But his Cape Cod numbers last summer were 2.48 ERA in 25.1IP. 6 BB and 39 SO. D1 had him as the 5th highest Cape Cod LHP prospect.

So legit. Teams that put their best pitcher on Sunday make sense to get at least one win out of the series. Very unlikely that VT will be a contender in Coastal this year, so it makes perfect sense. Hope they don't win .9 games today.

Will be tough to win today, so hard to sweep an ACC opponent. We could easily be 0-2 against the Hokies right now, so I am happy we have already won the series, but I have not been impressed by our overall play at all.
Great job by the team to find a way to pull a rabbit out of their hats both games, but that’s not sustainable. Usually teams would lose in those situations 8/9 out of 10 times. So it’s awesome in one way and not so great in another in that we are squeaking by in “miracle” fashion against a bad opponent .
I expect us to lose today, will be very surprised if we sweep. After the last two games I am tempering my expectations on the season. Maybe, I’m wrong and this team just has what it takes to scratch out wins, but I think we are very very fortunate to have won both games so far..... we could just as easily be the ones trying to not be swept today.
Next week @ Auburn and @ FSU will tell a lot about the team. If we can go 2-2, I will be happy and think we are on track to be decent and legit

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Troll? Don't know what to tell ya, they have solved slowing down the rotation of the earth yet.
I hope you realize that you were responding to two separate jokes I was making and to remind others of the time change, not to miss an hour of the game today.
T.I.C. with the sweeping. I predicted the Ohio St. sweep, so for @GTNavyNuke and his superstitious nature, I’m keeping that trend flowing. Peace out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope you realize that you were responding to two separate jokes I was making and to remind others of the time change, not to miss an hour of the game today.
T.I.C. with the sweeping. I predicted the Ohio St. sweep, so for @GTNavyNuke and his superstitious nature, I’m keeping that trend flowing. Peace out.

I am not superstitious. I bought another growler of beer this week from the same brewery. (But I did change the type of beer.)

Have to go out to watch a play :sleep: this afternoon, but I'll be listening. Going over to chat. 1 PM came awful quickly.

I predict Baron has a ......... never mind.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I am not superstitious. I bought another growler of beer this week from the same brewery. (But I did change the type of beer.)

Have to go out to watch a play :sleep: this afternoon, but I'll be listening. Going over to chat. 1 PM came awful quickly.

I predict Baron has a ......... never mind.
You seem to be highly effective poking Baron in innings 8 & 9. Not sure what your problem is earlier in the game, but please work on it!