Virginia Tech

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think Holland is going to be really good, but he is killing us right now. Too many passed balls, a throwing error, and 2 strikeouts at the plate. Turley has to play more.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Just can't get the big hit tonight. I think this was Hughes' best game in a Tech uniform. Keep playing hard, cut out the silly errors and we'll be fine.

Also, we need to shuffle the lineup again. It needs to be Waddell, Webb, Guldberg, Compton, Radcliff, Reid, Hall, Wilhite, and Turley.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Huge win to start off ACC play!!!! We did everything we could to lose and just found a way. Good teams do that.

As a side note, Jadyn Jackson needs to see some more time too. That kid has been very impressive. I know it means taking some time away from Wilhite, but I think we can work in Jackson at DH some.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gritty win - that we deserved to win. How we could get 13 hits and 7 walks and only score 4?

VT used 7 pitchers tonight. That bodes well. We only used Hughes, Crawford, Chapman and Dal Smith to close. Total of 2 ER.

Hughes really good with 1 ER in 7.0 IP. 9 Ks and 1 BB, but 2 HBP. Still, dominant. The WREK announcers talking about how they would have kept Hughes into the 8th.

Just win the series tomorrow!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought we had it in the 8th, with the bases loaded and one out. But this works too.

The offense was fine tonight. It was just one of those games where we couldn't string anything together. We stole one, but we were still the better team.
12 runners LOB. That is a lot. Had leadoff man on in 5 of first 8 innings. Only 1 run. That is actually HARD to do...that's not a compliment. :)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gritty win - that we deserved to win. How we could get 13 hits and 7 walks and only score 4?

VT used 7 pitchers tonight. That bodes well. We only used Hughes, Crawford, Chapman and Dal Smith to close. Total of 2 ER.

Hughes really good with 1 ER in 7.0 IP. 9 Ks and 1 BB, but 2 HBP. Still, dominant. The WREK announcers talking about how they would have kept Hughes into the 8th.

Hughes was awesome! Deserved a win. A least he didn't register a loss.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

We could still use all 3 (Crawford, Chapman, and Smith) tomorrow if we had too. They didn't throw a lot of pitches.

Deleted member 2897

All game this had the feeling of the first uGA game. We were playing better baseball, but the runs column didn’t show it. I mean, last night was 13-5 on hits.

13 games into the season, and Guldberg is still batting 0.500. We had like 7 guys in the game at some point last night hitting over 0.300.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
All game this had the feeling of the first uGA game. We were playing better baseball, but the runs column didn’t show it. I mean, last night was 13-5 on hits.

13 games into the season, and Guldberg is still batting 0.500. We had like 7 guys in the game at some point last night hitting over 0.300.
I was going to post something similar comparing last night to Gm1 v UGA. But a different angle. Let's just do to VT what we got done to us last weekend. No more shenanigans.... win by a lot..... twice more.