Virginia Tech Postgame

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The AA where Todd Stansbury began a variety of fundraising activities & resources that Paul Johnson would have had at his disposal had he not retired, such as the new locker room, the 2-year recruiting initiative, and the improved facilities once the new Edge Center is built?

Yep, that AA.

Did Todd deliver a new locker room? No. CPJ, over the objections of MBob, called influential alumni begging for money. One said, “No problem.”

The recruiting money is nice. The new Edge? That benefits the AA by consolidating offices more than football, but regardless ... it wouldn’t have been complete until after Paul’s planned retirement.

Twelve years of struggle is enough.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I have not read the above. Got home a few minutes ago. I'm sending I actually stayed the entire game.
Congratulations to VT , they kicked out ***.

Best play of the day... The flyover timed just right.

The tone was set when we got a delay-of-game penalty on our first play after the opening kickoff. Just how in the world something like that happened? #sad #coaching?

Too tired and frustrated to put too much more onto this post.

Will add that I do not think that the players mailed it in. Saw effort, but we're out manned/coached.
D was chasing and tackling, just to often many yards past the line of scrimmage.

Sad that it took 5 possessions to get our first 1st down. If I recall, our third 1st down was gifted with a VT penalty.

Yates looked good, but was also against the 2nd and 3rd string of the Hokies.

Will still be at the game Thursday. Hopefully we revert back to being able to be competitive.

TechPreacher

Banned
Fact is I am trying to think of a game where we where this badly dominated by a mediocre team.......I can't thin of one in 50 years. Losing to UGA, Fla St in the 90's I get I, but this team we played today we owned the last three years.

Go back to the Quick Lane bowl

Do you mean the mediocre 9-1 Minnesota Golden Gophers?

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
I say we don’t even worry about NC State.. put all the eggs in the basket for UGA. Start preparing for UGA tomorrow.

I won’t promise will be a win but it might be a more respectable loss instead of a blowout.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey mod(s), that’s about enough of your bs. Stop removing posts that do not violate any terms.

We get it, losing sucks. But censorship is worse.

Stop ruining the site.
Any member who is intentionally obnoxious, abusive, disruptive, repetitive, spammy, or "trolling" implied or not may be sent a warning as a reminder or even be banned without warning at the discretion of a moderator. These rules may be changed at any time without notice. However, if you have any feedback about the community rules or ways to improve the site in general please post here.

Ultimately, the moderators are the judges so please respect their requests when you are told that you have stepped out of line.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I say we don’t even worry about NC State.. put all the eggs in the basket for UGA. Start preparing for UGA tomorrow.

I won’t promise will be a win but it might be a more respectable loss instead of a blowout.

It will be a blowout. I’m thinking 63-0.

Milwaukee

Banned
Any member who is intentionally obnoxious, abusive, disruptive, repetitive, spammy, or "trolling" implied or not may be sent a warning as a reminder or even be banned without warning at the discretion of a moderator. These rules may be changed at any time without notice. However, if you have any feedback about the community rules or ways to improve the site in general please post here.

Ultimately, the moderators are the judges so please respect their requests when you are told that you have stepped out of line.

This generic reason doesn't fly anymore JW. You can't enforce hidden agendas when the wind blows your way and not when it doesnt blow your way.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
1. It is clear that UVA just overlooked us last week. Although our last TD was a late one with the game already over.
2. There is a thread about have we re-entered the Bill Lewis era. When we lined up in 5 wides with an empty backfield I knew that we had.
3. We had 88yards rushing and most of that in garbage time.
4. Last year we crushed basically this same team with both sides having many of the same players.
5. We have not improved from the Citadel loss.
6. We will never recruit well enough to play this style of offense.
7. I give the defense some credit but it is hard when you are playing 75% of the game.
8. Can we just forfeit the UGA game......it will be very ugly. We will not score and Swift will have 300 yards.....

I believe we have mad a mistake in coaching. We needed to find a more experienced staff.
I hope you’re wrong but you maybe right , recruiting is good but our studs are not on the lines like we need

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If TSTAN is watching, he should be having a meeting with CGC tomorrow morning and asking, “Geoff ... what do you need from me?” and then be honest about the state of the program.

Then, he can go to lunch, order a cocktail and ask himself, “My god, what have I done?”
Best advice I’ve heard.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This generic reason doesn't fly anymore JW. You can't enforce hidden agendas when the wind blows your way and not when it doesnt blow your way.
I don't have any hidden agenda...I'm just trying to keep down all the back & forth arguments that the rest of the members of GTSwarm have to wade through. If you or anyone else wants to continue your arguments via PM the rest of us would appreciate it.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Horrible coaching and horrible play.

Some guys are stealing grant-in-aids. Coaching staff was sleep at the wheel with a Delay of Game opening snap.

Everyone needs to pull their head out of their *** and bounce back. Any criticism is apropos today. Still waiting guys to explain how it’s Patenaude fault for dropped passes and back foot INTs
Been that way from day 1

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
@Ibeeballin, what do you think CGC’s ceiling is?

I just the DP is horrible. We run so much with the TE and 2 TE sets. We run those guys out in the routes and they are covered up. Sometimes Davis stays in and help blocks. I just think our offense lacks so much in ingenuity. I went to school at GT from ‘98-‘02. Talk about multiple. We rant all kinds of formations. We ran power, we ran spread, we ran 5 wide, we ran 3 TE, we ran every formation imaginable. The Fridge and O’Brien were amazing.

I thought CCG’s offenses were bad. Man they are amazing compared to this. If CGC does not get rid of this guy we will never, ever win more than 2-4 games in a season.

He is so predictable in how he calls plays. That does not make it easier to block when they defense knows what you are running. We really have very few formations we run. We split our TE’s our wide like they are jimmy graham. But when the saints did that for graham, they had an advantage. We don’t. It’s a waste of a player to do that.

He continually gets plays in waaaaaaaayyyyy late. He continually puts the players in positions where it is almost impossible to succeed, because he is so predictable. I really don’t care what we run, as long as it works.

I went back and watched alot of temples games and that offense was just not good. Yeah they over powered some teams and scored some cause they were able too.

Guess what, even if we do recruit on or with Clemson, we will not be able to over power them. To be successful you have to have someone calling the plays who has an advantage. That is why LSU is soooo much better this year with less talent than they had last year. That is why I’m not worried about UGa keeps ***tting the best with top talent. Because you can’t win if you aren’t a really good offensive play caller. That is what has made Saban a cut above because about 5-6 years ago he changes his thinking. Went out on a limb and hired a different kind of OC than he liked. And it worked.

CGC has an opportunity to do something great at GT. He is a hell of a marketer. He is the type of personality that we need. Atlanta has become an amazing city. It is soooooo much better than when I was here. Midtown is just so lively. There really isn’t any other school in the country that is set up like GT. We have an advantage that nobody else can match. But he will ***k it up if he doesn’t get someone in here that can coach offense. DP just can’t. A true offensive genius is going to be successful no matter what. Not everyone has it. But we have seen it here in the last 20 years. And I think we’ve seen it here 2.5 times. 1. Fridge 2. CPJ. 1/2 O’Brien.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
The “coach speak” is not doing Collins any favors right now. He wouldn’t even answer Wally’s first question on our post game show about what he said to the team after the game. “What I say to the team stay in the locker room...blah, blah, blah....” Coach, a bit of advice, look to Bobby Cremins as to what to say to your supporters. “I didn’t have them prepared. It’s on me. I’ll work to make it better in the future.....” You can do the coach speak thing when you’re winning or when you’re Nick Saban or Bill Bellichick, but it’s comical when you’re 2-8.

The line about the greatest transition is college football history is 1) a direct shot at a HOF coach and 2) apparently a reference to going from a coach with a clue to one that has none.

I was very supportive of Coach Collins in the off season and the “excitement” he brought to the program and the fact that he wanted to be here and had been here before were huge pluses. But he needs to start taking some blame and telling the PA guy to cut with the “Money Down” crap when we’re down by 31 in the first half. Be a little humble, take some blame, admit the season has sucked and you approached the offensive in the wrong manner and look forward to a brighter future. He’s losing me in the press conferences and I’ve been going to games over 40+ years.

I did stay for the whole game with my daughter. What can I say, we’re gluttons for punishment. But then, we’re Georgia Tech fans, so we should be used to it by now.