Virginia Tech Postgame

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Until we can half way control the LOS on both sides of the ball we are going to look bad. It became obvious very quickly to me, and probably to our players also, that we were not going to be in this game and it was going to be a long day. Yates has much more poise and decisiveness but I am not sure I would play him behind this line this year. Hard to judge our coaches given our talent deficit up front but starting the game with a delay penalty, among other things, makes me wonder what in hell is going on with this staff.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve met Todd. We were actually in school together and I met him at AA functions since. We know a lot of the same people and players.

It’s one thing to like someone. But has the AA fundamentally changed under his leadership? No. Do I hope it does? Yes. Would I tell him that he’s not transforming it? Yes. Did I? Yes. Will he? I doubt it.
Does he just not care ? Is his attitude that I’m making good money either way , no matter if I try to change the culture or not ?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
It just sucks that we can’t have consistent success here & the part that’s so frustrating is that the people that can change it or help it don’t care

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't care what you 3 think right now I promise, and thank God he doesn't. He's more concerned about macro not so much about Jimmy's opinion from the stands today. Foresight is crucial. Learn it.

Again, he and Todd better care what his fans think. Our group includes several long time season ticket holders who live and die with Georgia Tech. I’m not Dewberry or Taz or near that level, but I am in the top 5% or so of AT Fund contributors and in points. If he doesn’t care, then he and Todd may be sitting in an empty stadium in two years with all of their ACCN money and our $200 million in debt.

My wife is a Clemson grad and we have season tickets there as well. The difference in not only players and coaching, but support, staff, facilities, attendance, tailgating, fans traveling, EVERYTHING there is night and day above where we are. We have some very good advantages that hopefully we can use to our advantage, but if you’re going to try and be Dabo Jr, you better learn that he knows how to work a press conference and what to say.

Keep saying he doesn’t care and he’s not going to care in two or three years when he and his OC are wondering why they got fired when they had all this juice.

If he and Todd don’t care what their supporters think, then that is their first and likely fatal flaw.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Does he just not care ? Is his attitude that I’m making good money either way , no matter if I try to change the culture or not ?

I don’t believe that. But, I’ve seen managers say “This is the standard industry model. This is what everyone does.” And then, they make no effort to change it or innovate.

As much as he says, “We aren’t going to put Clemson Clemson” ... that’s the model in his head. And why we will struggle. We don’t have those resources.

Milwaukee

Banned
Again, he and Todd better care what his fans think. Our group includes several long time season ticket holders who live and die with Georgia Tech. I’m not Dewberry or Taz or near that level, but I am in the top 5% or so of AT Fund contributors and in points. If he doesn’t care, then he and Todd may be sitting in an empty stadium in two years with all of their ACCN money and our $200 million in debt.

My wife is a Clemson grad and we have season tickets there as well. The difference in not only players and coaching, but support, staff, facilities, attendance, tailgating, fans traveling, EVERYTHING there is night and day above where we are. We have some very good advantages that hopefully we can use to our advantage, but if you’re going to try and be Dabo Jr, you better learn that he knows how to work a press conference and what to say.

Keep saying he doesn’t care and he’s not going to care in two or three years when he and his OC are wondering why they got fired when they had all this juice.

If he and Todd don’t care what their supporters think, then that is their first and likely fatal flaw.

Again, he doesn't care what you and Jimmy think right now. If you and Jimmy were moving the needle he would care. Have a good evening.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’ve met Todd. We were actually in school together and I met him at AA functions since. We know a lot of the same people and players.

It’s one thing to like someone. But has the AA fundamentally changed under his leadership? No. Do I hope it does? Yes. Would I tell him that he’s not transforming it? Yes. Did I? Yes. Will he? I doubt it.

Got it. Brand refocus, capital raising, resource & facilities improvement, increased transparency... We already had all of that under MBob & LazyAD. Nothing's changed.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I totally agree. I go to Auburn games and it’s a huge difference in just about everything.

It’s what I want for Tech. But, the “club” is even smaller today than it was 30 years ago. And I think that’s where the effort goes.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing really positive to say about this game. I will say that whoever runs out AV/whoever is our DJ both need to be fired. It's embarrassing how inconsistent the tempo/vibe they're going for. And the karaoke when the video delay is 4 seconds off the audio is nothing short of incompetent

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Did we even look at film on VT or practice for them? We looked totally lost on both sides of the ball. It was like VT was running plays that we had never seen before. And adjustments? We kept doing the same things the whole game...and getting the same results.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Wood shed mollywhoopin.

Nothing else to say. Completely dominated.
Burn the film.

That VaTech team tho. That team gonna give Clemson problems they have hit their stride. They been looking machine like.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What about Kenny Cooper, Jahaziel Lee, & Antwan Owens, all of whom are out for the year? Kelton Dawson was out today as well.

We have walk-ons starting on both sides of the LOS.

The LOS has been a significant challenge from the beginning of the year and has become exacerbated as the year went on. It makes a massive difference year over year.

Cooper, Lee, and Owens, valuable as they would have been have nothing to do with getting a delay of game on the first play of what should have been a scripted series. 6 times this year we have been held to 14 or fewer points. By game 10 the offense should be able to at least move the ball more than 134 total yards and not get shut out for the second time this year. The lack of visible improvement is glaring.