Virginia Tech Postgame

RiseUpATL

Banned
I have said it more than once this year that if PJ just scales the blocking and play calls down to a few well run plays that are executed effectively we will do a whole lot better. Last night proved it. The line played simpler and better and TO understands you must get upfield not try to get corners out to the sidelines (like Marshall likes to do). TO is also a bigger guy to get down and he isn’t afraid to stick his shoulder in there and grind out some tough yards.

If PJ has left TO in the USF game we would have won it. What could have been. PJ did not start the more effective QB and instead chose loyalty to the senior over the QB this offense really needs. I don’t want to see another QB in this system less than 6 foot. Oliver is 6’2, Graham is 6’1 and Lucas is 6’3. Marshall is 5’10. Gotta have big guys in this system at QB.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Based on the post-Duke game analysis, I can only assume the whole fan base now believes that CPJ should get a lifetime extension. I mean, the way to judge our entire program is apparently based on our current streak against one team, right? And since we have won 4 of the last 5 against VT, it is clear we have passed them as a program and are elite! Who needs nuanced analysis?! Go Jackets. : )

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

obviously!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think comparing a night game in Blacksburg vs. a nooner at BDS is apples and oranges. BDS at night imo is a great game environment too. My neighbor has season tickets and is an alum of the closest SEC school. FWIW, he says that he (and most of his tailgate crew) have stopped going to the noon games, which tee off at 11 AM due to central time.

The quote was from Parker Braun. I agree we do better at night, but we are never as raucous as VPISU.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So is everyone back on the CPJ train now? Look I love Taqon, but QB in the option game has been our Achilles heel. Especially, when we could be running midline and follow. Plus, Tobias is more decisive in his keeps. Bowling time?
I'm hoping big time that GT will be 7-4 going into the game against the Dwags:cigar:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone enjoy seeing the other team have punt bonk off facemask as much as I did?
How bout the penalties on the failed 3 rd down runs that extended the drive?

Or their genius coach keeping safeties back in pass protection in case we passed? Ha ha fooled u never passed!

It was like icing on an expensive cake!
We actually didnt have any big kick off returns against us. That's a decorative piece on this beautiful VICTORY OR DIE CAKE

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone enjoy seeing the other team have punt bonk off facemask as much as I did?
How bout the penalties on 3 ed down that extended the drive?

Or their genius coach keeping safeties back in pass protection in case we passed? Ha ha fulled u never passed!

It was like icing on an expensive cake!
Bud Foster had a horrible night last night calling the VT defensive plays:LOL: The game has passed him by after 30 years:LOL: Last night's game reminded me of the beating VT took in the 1996 Orange Bowl against Nebraska:cigar:

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not content with 6-6 which looks possible. Not sure our QB can run it 40+ and last a season. Need to be able to throw it at times. This was not a typical VT defense for some reason.
I am not content with 6-6 which looks possible. Not sure our QB can run it 40+ and last a season. Need to be able to throw it at times. This was not a typical VT defense for some reason.
I hope i never become content with a 6-6 record, this is one game. We have been on this merry go round before.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't read every post. So, maybe someone already covered this:

But I want to give some recognition to TaQuon Marshall last night. He didn't start, didn't play, but every time the camera was on the sideline he was there, locked into the game. Talking guys up, helping the team. When the O was on the field he had his helmet on ready to go in. When Tobias, Mason or whoever came off the field after a TD or a bad play, TQM was the first guy there to pat them on the back.

Even if he's not QB1 moving forward. He's a leader, a captain and a great Student Athlete for Tech.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
GT took advantage of their miscues and played a scaled down rushing attack that VT’s beat up and young defense couldn’t stop. Kudos to coach.

GT got the W. At the end of the day that’s all that matters. I guess.
The VT fans were whining on the VT football board that their young defense was all beat up from chop blocks:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
GT took advantage of their miscues and played a scaled down rushing attack that VT’s beat up and young defense couldn’t stop. Kudos to coach.

GT got the W. At the end of the day that’s all that matters. I guess.
Careful, don't sound too excited! I hope I never get to the point where I don't enjoy the hell out of stomping gobblers!

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't read every post. So, maybe someone already covered this:

But I want to give some recognition to TaQuon Marshall last night. He didn't start, didn't play, but every time the camera was on the sideline he was there, locked into the game. Talking guys up, helping the team. When the O was on the field he had his helmet on ready to go in. When Tobias, Mason or whoever came off the field after a TD or a bad play, TQM was the first guy there to pat them on the back.

Even if he's not QB1 moving forward. He's a leader, a captain and a great Student Athlete for Tech.

One of the reasons why PJ and probably the majority of college football coaches will not pull a senior leader out at QB in favor of a 3rd string freshman - even after a couple of sub par games. No one has talked about the impact that such a move has on the team if they are still supportive of TM. I think the timing was about right - and think TM being banged up made the decision easier.