Virginia Tech Postgame

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
  • Said he's not sure TO missed a read. Also noted that there weren't a ton of plays called with a read.
He said this with context though...He said "We started running midline in the second half and I don't think he missed a read running that.

TO played like a champ tonight, but certainly missed pitch reads multiple times (and followed it up by running them over ;) )

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So is everyone back on the CPJ train now? Look I love Taqon, but QB in the option game has been our Achilles heel. Especially, when we could be running midline and follow. Plus, Tobias is more decisive in his keeps. Bowling time?

We are still 4-4. We are still 5th in our division, and the move fans have been begging Johnson to make for weeks makes it looks like sometimes the fans really do know better. At least for one game. It was a great game. But just that. A game. It'll take 7 wins probably for some people to start really coming back, and we'd probably have to win out before everyone is back on the train. Going 8-4 with a win at UGA would actually feel like we're building something. 6-6 and a low end bowl? Not so much.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He said this with context though...He said "We started running midline in the second half and I don't think he missed a read running that.

TO played like a champ tonight, but certainly missed pitch reads multiple times (and followed it up by running them over ;) )
Thanks for clarifying. Was scrambling to listen and type.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Great win!!! Really glad to see it.

I’m cautiously optimistic going into UNC and UVA. Reason I’m caustious is because VTs defense isn’t the defense are used to. Their D gave up a pile of yards to ODU...very similar to us.

Difference being ODU racked up their yardage passing. IIRC the hokies were giving up only about 125 yards/game on the ground

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We are still 4-4. We are still 5th in our division, and the move fans have been begging Johnson to make for weeks makes it looks like sometimes the fans really do know better. At least for one game. It was a great game. But just that. A game. It'll take 7 wins probably for some people to start really coming back, and we'd probably have to win out before everyone is back on the train. Going 8-4 with a win at UGA would actually feel like we're building something. 6-6 and a low end bowl? Not so much.
I hope GT can be 7-4 going into the UGAG game:cigar:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
My post on TOS from this summer
Fuentes is an overrated coach and not a good fit for VT
Bud Foster must’ve watch the Louisville for us. No way in hell, i keep 6 in the box the entire gm with a limited QB in.

Idk know if TQM toe is still bothering him but TO plays at a faster speed and much more decisive than him. If the counter option looked better tonight.
I also didn't understand why they were lining their right DT about a yard back from the line. It just gave Braun a running start most plays.