Virginia Tech Postgame

3Bees

Georgia Tech Fan
What I have noticed with our quarterbacks over the years is that the bigger QBs like Tobias takes the game up the middle. We go on a long death march with a big qb. The smaller qbs tend to be more edge guys. Plus Tobias looks sturdy enough that he can take the hits that a smaller qb cannot. But what I really like is how he can run through traffic. He can squeak out the extra yards. Seems to have really good vision. I like Taquan but I don't see how we can go back to him after this game. I think he can play in certain situations, particularly when we need a pass, but we could use him some at A back too. At some point Tobias needs to be able to throw but I liked what I saw tonight.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so queue up the , we need to pass the football idiots. When you rush for 7 yards per carry, no you don't. If we don't make stupid mistakes and don't fumble we can beat anybody.
I am one of those idiots. As much as I enjoyed tonight (and I sincerely enjoyed it) I do still fear being one dimensional. We have had these games before only to play someone else who bottled us up and made us look inept.

Now, if we can do this to Miami, I will reverse my stand.

3Bees

Georgia Tech Fan
I like how in the fourth quarter our receivers were basicly extra linemen and we ran that the rest of the game. VT basicly kept the same defensive formation. I felt like I was watching rugby. That is not a bad thing especially when we win.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
That is the team we can be. Played to our potential tonight. If we could do that consistently we should end up with a winning record. I am just not sure we can do it consistently. I hope he stays with Oliver. The offense responds better to his leadership.

Go Jackets!

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Great game by the offense. The defense has me worried. If their receivers don't have butterfingers the game is a lot closer. We need ILBs that are ACC quality or maybe look at moving the position coaches around to coach them up. I don't know how we have such a huge downward swing after a great showing vs. Duke.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some notes from CPJ's comments to Ballard after the game:
  • Thought Kenny Cooper played a really good game
  • TO and JG got almost all the reps coming into the game. Thought TO earned the right to start.
  • Said he's not sure TO missed a read. Also noted that there weren't a ton of plays called with a read.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so queue up the , we need to pass the football idiots. When you rush for 7 yards per carry, no you don't. If we don't make stupid mistakes and don't fumble we can beat anybody.

Guess you didn't learn from the same argument being made after teh UL game and then the egg we laid against Duke?

Let me ask do you really think our OL is going to get that much of a push in every game we have left?