Virginia Tech Postgame

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Near as I can tell, we ran basically 3 plays tonight.... called B back dive, called QB keep, and rocket toss sweep. Did we actually have ANY option plays?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don’t see that changing as long as Fuentes as coach. I said it from day of one when he was hired. His finesse style and unwillingness to stay with the power run game plays in GT favor especially since VT recruiting is not that much better than us. Wouldn’t surprise me if we make it 3iar up there

My post on TOS from this summer
Fuentes is an overrated coach and not a good fit for VT
Bud Foster must’ve watch the Louisville for us. No way in hell, i keep 6 in the box the entire gm with a limited QB in.

Idk know if TQM toe is still bothering him but TO plays at a faster speed and much more decisive than him. If the counter option looked better tonight.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So is everyone back on the CPJ train now? Look I love Taqon, but QB in the option game has been our Achilles heel. Especially, when we could be running midline and follow. Plus, Tobias is more decisive in his keeps. Bowling time?

Not on the CPJ train given 11 years of history. But I'd love for us to go to a bowl and see if the last few years have been an anomaly. CPJ stays if we can get to a bowl IMHO.

We need a QB who can run AND pass.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Some notes from CPJ's comments to Ballard after the game:
  • Thought Kenny Cooper played a really good game
  • TO and JG got almost all the reps coming into the game. Thought TO earned the right to start.
  • Said he's not sure TO missed a read. Also noted that there weren't a ton of plays called with a read.

Man am I glad to hear this! It sure looked like a lot of called plays

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
The muffed punt really came at a perfect time for us. That was huge. The game really changed when we got up by 2 scores in the second half. The Hokies had our D off balance until that point. When they got behind they mostly abandoned their running game.

I was really glad to see our D get a stop right before the half. That was big too.

RiseUpATL

Banned
Great win!!! Really glad to see it.

I’m cautiously optimistic going into UNC and UVA. Reason I’m caustious is because VTs defense isn’t the defense are used to. Their D gave up a pile of yards to ODU...very similar to us.