Virginia Tech postgame discussion

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@dressedcheeseside

Yeah but a single awful coverage play can make for a very bad day. We can't afford to give up a single big return against anyone. And we let other teams start with way too good field position too often. But yes, some of the coverage plays were pretty darn good. We just gotta do that consistently.
CPJ said we played about all starters on our kick cover team and it showed. Still need to do a better job as you say.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said we played about all starters on our kick cover team and it showed. Still need to do a better job as you say.

We need to do this every...single...year. VT has been doing it for decades and it pays dividends for sure. I believe Ohio State does this, as well.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
Condensed game (17+ minutes)

Unless they fixed it since midnight last night, they cut off the last 10 minutes of the game....

I absolutely love the concept of these condensed games. Between that and the "every offensive snap" videos one of you puts out every week, there's so much time saved!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Unless they fixed it since midnight last night, they cut off the last 10 minutes of the game....

I absolutely love the concept of these condensed games. Between that and the "every offensive snap" videos one of you puts out every week, there's so much time saved!

Gah! I just realized that. Watching the game now since I missed it during the weekend. Will have to go back and watch the whole thing now...

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I gotta go back and look again but I think so. So to be precise, the play wasn't run to perfection but TM played it well himself.

I need to watch replay of UVA (missed it due to blackout) and VT (seeing it in stadium I always miss a ton of stuff)
Watching the replay now. The first TD looked like the failed overtime play. And yes we executed it this time. Parker pulled to the right, but Qua stayed on the play side to block. So not the same exact play.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
All eyes on you #23 Jalen Johnson!!!
We see you and what you did out there today!!!!
Hope by some crazy chance you see this post and know that we fans see those hustle plays in special teams that win and lose games!! Hope you get recognized as ST player of the week
Heard CPJ on Call-in Show said Jalen was in fact the Special Teams player of the week... very happy for him, played a heck of a game... “may” have ultimately made the difference in securing the W...
Very much respect those that give their all like he did Saturday... Congratulations 23!

Animal02

Banned
Rant from a VT board....
"Damn't, that was a rough one. I absolutely hate Paul Johnson and any loss to him is excruciating. It grates on me to picture that guy gloating about it. I stayed up till 4:30 am watching VT **** the bed to the ire of my wife the next day so it was like Chinballs had two wins. Damn't I hate this guy. The day cannot come quick enough where he is no longer in the ACC and endangering knees of young men."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
The officiating in this game was atrocious. If we had lost because of the non PI on our touchdown and the non OPI on their 3rd and long conversion, I would have thrown my TV out of the window.

Some Saturdays I can watch a lot of football, and on those days I watch games from nearly every conference. I can honestly say that I see more blown calls in the ACC than in P5 conferences, and even the G5 conferences aren't as heinous. I mean, that Wake Forest game looked like it was ref'd by a bunch of middle school refs and the VT game was nearly as bad.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Condensed game (17+ minutes)

Out here we get the Pac-12 Network and they are constantly showing condensed replays of complete games in 60 minutes; they do a good job of editing the games to fit in the one hour. FWIW they also show other sports like men's soccer, women's volleyball, etc.

Does the ACC Network do something similar?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Out here we get the Pac-12 Network and they are constantly showing condensed replays of complete games in 60 minutes; they do a good job of editing the games to fit in the one hour. FWIW they also show other sports like men's soccer, women's volleyball, etc.

Does the ACC Network do something similar?
Yes. Check You Tube.