Virginia Tech - 1/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the ACC, it could be a whole lot worse. Like next year for instance, you're going to see a whole lot worse. The beautiful brand new awesome building we have will be as empty as St. Louis Rams stadium.
If you know something is not going to work, why not try something else? We are going to be losing anyway. Much better to have some hope of a pleasant surprise than no hope at all.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Louisville @NcSt @Syracuse Duke Miami all in a row. I see no wins. 1-8 fist half of league play.

latest

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
If you fire him now you might lose a solid foundation of recruits
We will fire him eventually anyway, so that'll happen regardless (through transfers or otherwise). I think most would agree we should have fired hewitt earlier rather than later.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Within a few games of a top 10 upset, I'm idly wondering if it's possible to drop men's basketball as a varsity sport. I know it's crazy--basketball is supposed to be a money sport--but this team aspires to bottom of the middle of the pack.

Maybe just give up on any expectations of winning and become the Washington Wizards of the NCAA, and get the other teams to pay us to show up? Play only away games to make money?

Don't be a clown

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If you fire him now you might lose a solid foundation of recruits

Assuming you aren't just trying to be witty bringing back the same argument for keeping Hewitt because of the Favors class...

Our current recruiting class is 9th in the ACC and brings in neither a point guard nor a a true center, bot things we badly need. Our current recruiting class should not be a factor in the slightest in favor of keeping this "coach".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Assuming you aren't just trying to be witty bringing back the same argument for keeping Hewitt because of the Favors class...

Our current recruiting class is 9th in the ACC and brings in neither a point guard nor a a true center, bot things we badly need. Our current recruiting class should not be a factor in the slightest in favor of keeping this "coach".

Unfortunately, like many of your posts imo, probably based on faulty assumptions.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see the look on Gregory's face after the game? He looked like he was about to get sick.

This might be the most discouraging loss in his tenure for me. I know we've had some bad losses, but something about this loss is worse than just about any imo. It's almost like Gregory knew that was it.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We will fire him eventually anyway, so that'll happen regardless (through transfers or otherwise). I think most would agree we should have fired hewitt earlier rather than later.

Which we still would have the same problem dealing with finding a coach we could afford that was out there at that time. That could've been even worst. Like Pea said, we are stuck with him for awhile.

I wish Red would chime in on this.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see the look on Gregory's face after the game? He looked like he was about to get sick.

This might be the most discouraging loss in his tenure for me. I know we've had some bad losses, but something about this loss is worse than just about any imo. It's almost like Gregory knew that was it.

For me this is the worst one because it wasn't due to a tactical issue or scoring drought, etc. We played well enough to win (still could have played better obviously) but lost because of a couple missed layups, 2-8 FT shooting, and back to back turnovers that gave VT four free points. Incredibly incredibly incredibly disheartening

For me this is the worst one because it wasn't due to a tactical issue or scoring drought, etc. We played well enough to win (still could have played better obviously) but lost because of a couple missed layups, 2-8 FT shooting, and back to back turnovers that gave VT four free points. Incredibly incredibly incredibly disheartening
This is spot on. Late Christmas gift.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Right now, it's hard to get excited about a team that loses and is mostly one and done (at GT) players. BG sold his soul to get wins this year and the hired guns aren't getting much done.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You can beat this guy all you want but it's not going to change anything unless you think the AD is completely oblivious. He didn't do anything last year for reasons that were rehashed here a hundred times & he won't do anything at the end of this season for the same reason.

I feel sorry for the players. How'd you like to show up in class on Monday & everyone knows you dropped a load in your drawers? Maybe the students don't care. There were only about 50-75 of them at the game I went to last year.

Who knows, maybe this is the catalyst to inspire better practices & more alertness in the players on the floor and that results in a couple wins down the stretch we didn't bank on? Hell, I thought we'd be 1-4 after 5. Just called the wrong Virgina for the win so we're neither ahead or behind of where I thought we'd be at this point in the season other than the wretched loss to the Mutts.

I have not given up and don't intend to. See whoever's left in the chatroom next Sat. I'll be trying to find a decent wifi connection so I can watch the game. Hope I don't have to improvise.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just listened to this. A little rough in tone on the players, despite being pretty accurate. He made some good points.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Welp, you guys' reaction saved me from watching my dvr of the game.

I feel sorry for CBG. Like asking an intern to run a company. He'll try his darndest but he's just miscast in his role.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

When the final rankings come out we are going to have 3 top 100 guys coming into this program.

Talent is talent regardless of position and we are going to need every bit of it next year

Status
Not open for further replies.