Virginia Tech - 1/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I just don't get how the refs call a foul for vpi and then swallow their whistles the other way. Game should have never been in their hands though, our guys were tired and lazy with a 10 point lead.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
We got a stop up 10 with something like 4:45 remaining and 5 seconds later we were up 6

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He's a really nice guy though

Graduates his players.

Just needs time to get his players in the program and get his system in place.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Air balls by Q... Mitchell with some mental meltdown... We hut a couple of more free throws and we win...

We could not shoot well in 2nd hap and VT goes what 21 for 24 IR 25 in the 2nd half alone at FT line. Game lost on FT line today.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... If someone here would have won the lottery they could have donated to GTAA designating funds to pay off open commitments... But no one did, so we are stuck.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Honest question...if we fire him today, and let an interim coach the rest of the season, will it be any worse?

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see how we can keep this coach. Find a cheap young interim coach for the next few years until our finances are in better shape. Then go find a real coach. This is just too frustrating.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
If a player makes 2 boneheaded play in a row to give the game away, you sit him. You don't keep him in the game. Despite our poor play, VT didn't seem to want to win... until we forced them.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't see how we can keep this coach. Find a cheap young interim coach for the next few years until our finances are in better shape. Then go find a real coach. This is just too frustrating.

We keep this coach because we don't have a choice. He will be here next year too. With a full rebuild mode roster.

I'm excited to see how low this fan base can get.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like the baby steps we make season to season other teams make in the progress of a season. We see improvement one game and two steps back the next. Hate seeing it like this. Heck, we see it in game sometimes. It's like we forget what we're doing. I think I'm ready for a change now.

slugboy

Staff member
Within a few games of a top 10 upset, I'm idly wondering if it's possible to drop men's basketball as a varsity sport. I know it's crazy--basketball is supposed to be a money sport--but this team aspires to bottom of the middle of the pack.

Maybe just give up on any expectations of winning and become the Washington Wizards of the NCAA, and get the other teams to pay us to show up? Play only away games to make money?

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
We keep this coach because we don't have a choice. He will be here next year too. With a full rebuild mode roster.

I'm excited to see how low this fan base can get.
I'm sure we can find someone willing to coach for $200K/yr. I don't think the results would be any worse than this.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure we can find someone willing to coach for $200K/yr. I don't think the results would be any worse than this.

This is the ACC, it could be a whole lot worse. Like next year for instance, you're going to see a whole lot worse. The beautiful brand new awesome building we have will be as empty as St. Louis Rams stadium.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit that I thought that this was the year we'd beat our conference wins from football.

Status
Not open for further replies.