Virginia Postgame

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with that one, but I think he used the others too soon. However, there also still seems to be too much time calling plays in.And seems PNut lacks attention to our situation sometimes on the plays he calls.
No dislikes him more then me but I thought he did fine this games 28 points should win of course unless you have a kickoff team like ours

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe, maybe not.....if after year 3 and they have not had a winning season (which I do not anticipate) there will be no choice but to cut him lose. In this day and age of college football, 3 losing seasons in a row will not be accepted.

And eat 4 years of a buyout without giving him a chance to turn over the roster in full, get a chance to develop the kids, as well as take advantage of the increased investment that's first coming now?

Sure. Keep telling yourself that when you're posting your complaints in years 4 & 5. It's not like you'll be cutting the check for the buyout.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
For starters.....the two point conversion should have been anticipated and already planned for. I knew the 2pt play would be the proper call when they where halfway down the field.

So the defense should’ve known they were going to get scored on?

Animal02

Banned
And eat 4 years of a buyout without giving him a chance to turn over the roster in full, get a chance to develop the kids, as well as take advantage of the increased investment that's first coming now?

Sure. Keep telling yourself that when you're posting your complaints in years 4 & 5. It's not like you'll be cutting the check for the buyout.
If he has three years of losing seasons.....Tech will not be able to afford to keep him. As I said, I don't anticipate it, but then I epect us to go 6-6 this year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
There isn’t much to complain about today. We just weren’t the better team. The offense looked respectable today. I guess they found talent during the week they didn’t have before. The defense held their own. I expected a lot worse today. If we can build on this and not take a step back next week then we could grab another win or two this year.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Everything is not shown on film. Difference btw a 12 & 14pt lead is huge

Couple that with the fact that if we succeeded in stopping the 2 pt play and get a quick TD and extra point, we could still give up a FG and only be down by 8, making it a 1 score game. Obviously it took us longer than we would have liked to move down the field, but that was an important play

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If he has three years of losing seasons.....Tech will not be able to afford to keep him. As I said, I don't anticipate it, but then I epect us to go 6-6 this year.

OK. We're not Florida State and this message board isn't always the best barometer of what GT can and can't afford to do.

After 3 losing seasons, we'll be able to afford a $10MM+ buyout and the hot new coach who can't wait to come here and only get 3 years to build something. Sure. Keep believing that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Our best game of the season on offense and as good as we can be right now on defense, imho. Special Teams were......special, bless their hearts!

Do we actually have a ST Coach?

Progress was obvious. Negative nannies need to be quiet and watch for a while....

Deleted member 2897

Well 2 are all but guaranteed. Both this year and next year we’ll play probably 22 bowl teams. 10 of the teams we play next year were ranked last year. And now North Carolina is much improved. 2021 will be our first shot at a good record.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Some credit to coaches and players for the improvement this year. I wish we could play about ten more games this year to give us the experience for next year. O-line blocked a little better, and at times we got some pressure on the QB. We have a good assortment of skill position players. It has been a looooong time since we had a deep threat like Brown.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Our best game of the season on offense and as good as we can be right now on defense, imho. Special Teams were......special, bless their hearts!

Do we actually have a ST Coach?

Progress was obvious. Negative nannies need to be quiet and watch for a while....

I think we have different coaches assigned to different aspects of special teams. CGC has put special emphasis on special teams; it's part of our dna.