Virginia postgame discussion

Just saw Eddie Lee Ivery at the store asked him if he watched that dumpster fire we called a game today he was like you know I love to run the ball, but you have to have some sembelance of a passing game in today’s college game. Take it for what it’s worth. But I whole heartedly agree.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
So how many points do we need to score?

We were awful in all phases. Team loss though our d looked a lot better with the ridiculous amount of wide open drops by the cavs. Special teams definitely gets the prize for most putrid though.

All that said, we beat the pups. Guaranteed.

More than the other team. And it's not just scoring points. It's also sustaining drives so that our defense rests and their offense doesn't get the chance to score.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is it me, or was Step Durham, Will Bryan also held out of the game... Were they injured??
Both played. I noticed Bryan's snaps were limited with Stickler getting a lot of run.
I think having no rotation on the interior DL played a big role in this game. Glanton is not a 1-technique...full stop. To ask him to play more than 90% of 68 snaps at the 1-tech borders on the absurd. I think Desmond played every one of those 68 snaps at the 3-technique (and he's a natural SDE). It is deeply troubling that we are so thin on the interior DL, that we couldn't give those two a blow.
I was wondering the same thing for a while into the 2nd half, but then Adams and Owens came in for at least 1 series.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I cant say what I want without getting in trouble, so I will only say, " I will never take investment advice from you, sir!"

I don’t think you’re seeing clearly..we lost to a very bad Virginia and Tennessee team..we lose basically our whole defense next year as well.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE="CuseJacket, post: 361798, member: 274"

I was wondering the same thing for a while into the 2nd half, but then Adams and Owens came in for at least 1 series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that series, that's the last we saw of Adams and Owens...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What everyone is missing is how vital field position is. ST and O combine to continually give the opposing team favorable field position and yet we're shocked when they capitalize on it.
I agree, thats why I said in an earlier post if we are going to blame just one spot, imo it would be the special teams.

Call in and tell him to take a paycut for a better team oh that’s right he will not do that so what’s next on the excuse list. I feel like team performance is a direct reflection of the head coach. We have had different d coordinators and have the same results. So where do we go from here. I like CPJ and enjoy the option, but I also feel he is arrogant and will not change. College football is constantly changing. Athletes come and athletes go that’s part of it . Good coaches will change with the athletes they have.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Call in and tell him to take a paycut for a better team oh that’s right he will not do that so what’s next on the excuse list. I feel like team performance is a direct reflection of the head coach. We have had different d coordinators and have the same results. So where do we go from here. I like CPJ and enjoy the option, but I also feel he is arrogant and will not change. College football is constantly changing. Athletes come and athletes go that’s part of it . Good coaches will change with the athletes they have.
What we run is best for the athletes we have though. We only have around 38 majors, limited staff, calculus as a requirement, a very out dated locker room ect. How can we expect any coach in the nation to come in and be a consistent 9 plus win teams. IMO it's just not realistic until something changes that's not in the hands of CPJ, JMO.

How would we know tech wreck that’s what I’m saying. You are assuming that. We will never know because CPJ is stubborn and arrogant and will not try anything else.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I just feel as important as special teams are in college football that you need a special teams coach.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
How would we know tech wreck that’s what I’m saying. You are assuming that. We will never know because CPJ is stubborn and arrogant and will not try anything else.

This kills me. We hired the well known expert in option football, and yet would rather he throw away all his knowledge to run a system he isn't familiar with.

Or maybe you're saying we should hire an OC to run a new system? Well that leads to two questions:

1. Where would we get the money?
2. Why keep CPJ if we think the offense needs to change?

I just don't follow the logic here...