Virginia postgame discussion

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Said this in another thread, but I would have liked to have seen a screen or two vs UVA to take advantage of the rush. Sprint draw to Benson could be interesting as well.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Said this in another thread, but I would have liked to have seen a screen or two vs UVA to take advantage of the rush. Sprint draw to Benson could be interesting as well.
I may be wrong but I could swear I remember a couple of screen calls. Execution failed, but I remember the calls (incompletions iirc)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There is no reason to alienate the press. They can be your worst nightmare when things are not going well. I am sure he is frustrated like most of us are with the results so far. He is no diplomat and does come off as a jerk at times. I am more concerned with how he treats his players one on one. He doesn't need to coddle them but these are still kids that need some parental support at times.
There's no reason conflicting interests can't have a reasonable and civil relationship. Don't know Johnson but a lot of coaches think reporters, particularly from local papers, should be on their "team". Nah. They have a job to do. He has a job to do. There are professional interests in play. If both sides remember it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's no reason conflicting interests can't have a reasonable and civil relationship. Don't know Johnson but a lot of coaches think reporters, particularly from local papers, should be on their "team". Nah. They have a job to do. He has a job to do. There are professional interests in play. If both sides remember it.
Tell that to Saben.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Tell that to Saben.
Good point but in fairness, the Alabama football team has always owned every stitch of Tuscaloosa, from police chief to publisher. Nobody breathes in that town without going through the football t4am. Maybe the whole state. I heard a story last year that Saban, before the first Alabama-Clemson game, told reporters that he and Swinney were best of friends and in the off-season went fishing together. Swinney didn't make an issue of it but told people later he has never fished with Saban in his life.