UVa Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's enjoy the best we can the last 6 regular season games of the year. Then maybe win one of two in the ACC tourney. It's going to be a long off season.

The season is slip - sliding away .........

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have attended one game for every home series this season, so I feel I have a right to an opinion. This team has underachieved consistantly this season, as it has in the last so many seasons. How in the world can we put together such a flawed team with no bullpen and no backup position players. The person responsible should face up and retire.
If there is NOT a change made in the off season....well, I will always be a GT baseball fan, but like I got under Hewitt when I (at the very end) actually found myself rooting for disaster and embarrassment to force the AD's hand, I will wind up the same way with GT baseball. And it makes me sad to root for disaster and embarrassment for GT. Here's hoping Stansbury has the cohones to make the change, because I lack confidence that Hall will do so as long as his sons are in school here.

Deleted member 2897

Over the decades the GTAA and the Hill have done an absolutely brilliant job of inculcating GT fans to the idea that mediocrity is a great thing.

I totally get being frustrated about the sports situation right now. But this is an uncalled for remark. Who has ever said that we can't do anything better than 0.500? I know why Georgia Tech has a harder time than other teams, but I've never heard anybody at the GTAA, the Hill, the student athletes, the coaches, or the fans ever say that.

Deleted member 2897

If I had to write that post again (its too late to edit), I would say "this is an unfair remark in my opinion" instead of "uncalled for". That might sound like splitting hairs, but I don't mean to come off as insulting or highbrowed.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Stansbury better fire the staff. We havent been to a super regional since 2006, that is absolutely ridiculous! Hall should have been fired years ago. Our biggest problem use to be making out of regionals, now we can’t even make it in to the tournament. Like I’ve said many time before, Dh program was over when NCAA introduced BBCOR bats.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I blame McCann for last night's loss. In T9, after Bart's 2-out HR... McCann hit ball off RF wall. He should have stopped at first. Once he put himself in scoring position... GAME OVER. (tic)

Win the next one. Go JACKETS!

Stansbury better fire the staff. We havent been to a super regional since 2006, that is absolutely ridiculous! Hall should have been fired years ago. Our biggest problem use to be making out of regionals, now we can’t even make it in to the tournament. Like I’ve said many time before, Dh program was over when NCAA introduced BBCOR bats.
NCAA tourney, hell we're having trouble making the ACC tournament.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's enjoy the best we can the last 6 regular season games of the year. Then maybe win one of two in the ACC tourney. It's going to be a long off season.

The season is slip - sliding away .........

How many more days until GT hoops tips off?

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
How in the world can we put together such a flawed team with no bullpen and no backup position players. The person responsible should face up and retire.
For the most part, it has been lazy arse recruiting. Both Prince & Hall fell into the trap of only recruiting at East Cobb & specifically the East Cobb Yankees. Minimum time spent on recruiting means more time for their individual leisure activities. Hall has proven he has no clue how to develop a pitching STAFF. He knows he is in with the right people & has zero, and I mean zero worries about his job security. In his mind, he is Mr. Georgia Tech.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
I blame McCann for last night's loss. In T9, after Bart's 2-out HR... McCann hit ball off RF wall. He should have stopped at first. Once he put himself in scoring position... GAME OVER. (tic)

Win the next one. Go JACKETS!
@FredJacket - didn’t see the game. Could you explain this blunder in a little more detail?
Thanks in advance.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For the most part, it has been lazy arse recruiting. Both Prince & Hall fell into the trap of only recruiting at East Cobb & specifically the East Cobb Yankees. Minimum time spent on recruiting means more time for their individual leisure activities. Hall has proven he has no clue how to develop a pitching STAFF. He knows he is in with the right people & has zero, and I mean zero worries about his job security. In his mind, he is Mr. Georgia Tech.
Usually the EC Yankees team picks up kids that have committed to GT already. Not disputing anything you’ve said about them possibly being lazy with recruiting, but more pointing out that they’ve normally already done the recruiting before the kids get picked up by the Yankees team.

Deleted member 2897

BTW, last night was our 13th loss of the year by 3 or fewer runs. 57% of our losses. 33% of our wins are that close. We tend to win by a lot or barely lose.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Usually the EC Yankees team picks up kids that have committed to GT already. Not disputing anything you’ve said about them possibly being lazy with recruiting, but more pointing out that they’ve normally already done the recruiting before the kids get picked up by the Yankees team.
Sometimes that is true. Can’t argue with that. But they are almost never at the national showcases around the country. I know this for a fact because over a four year span, l never saw them except when the EC Yankees were playing at the nearby Lakepointe confines. They have missed on TONS of local talent who were never contacted or recruited. I could write a fact based, short novel on this subject.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I totally get being frustrated about the sports situation right now. But this is an uncalled for remark. Who has ever said that we can't do anything better than 0.500? I know why Georgia Tech has a harder time than other teams, but I've never heard anybody at the GTAA, the Hill, the student athletes, the coaches, or the fans ever say that.
THe only time I ever pulled against GT was in the last year of the infamous B.. L..

Deleted member 2897

Wow - Has anybody ever won national pietcher of the week 2 starts in a row?

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Memory fails me more and more often these days as age keeps creeping on, but there was a pitcher for the Phil. team many years ago that once won the Cy Young Award while pitching for a team that only won like 65 games, or something like that. May have been the one of the worst MLB teams ever put on the field, but when he pitched …….. Can't remember his name, but in my foggy mind he was LH like CT, and extra outs were just something to pitch around. CT will pitch at home once more this season, and I plan to be present!!! Hope many will join me at the game!!!! Special this kid is!!!!