UVA game thoughts

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
...I don't know why you and other keep trying to argue that point.

Cause that's what we do around here?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been wishing to see Dontae early in game to wear down defense, then put Haynes in to take advantage of defenders who’ve gotten a half step slower.
Better hope we have Haynes tomorrow. I like Dontae but if Haynes is not a go, we have Cooley as back up. Which Cooley do we get 9/52/2 Louiesville or 7/12/0 Wake?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The irony is Yeti keeps arguing some irrelevant point that the Citadel loss was worse while complaining others are arguing another point.
I was responding to someone else regarding what I would consider to qualify as an epic loss and that I don't thing bowling green qualifies, and you felt the need to comment on it with a comment about how they are both bad. For the 100th and final time, EVERYONE AGREES THE BOWLING GREEN LOSS WAS BAD.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I was responding to someone else regarding what I would consider to qualify as an epic loss and that I don't thing bowling green qualifies, and you felt the need to comment on it with a comment about how they are both bad. For the 100th and final time, EVERYONE AGREES THE BOWLING GREEN LOSS WAS BAD.
Nobody asked your opinion of what qualifies as an epic loss. You shared that on your own. If you agree it is a bad loss, then stop talking about Citadel

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We lost to uva last year because our offense was absolutely terrible. 202 yards of total offense, and Sims and Gibson had QBRs of 8.2 and 7.5. Yes, you read that correctly. We have a much much better offense this year, and I think that will be the difference-maker this year.

UVA offensively is not great. They've been held to 14 pts or less 3 times this season, and have only crossed 30 twice, for an average of 23.875 pts/gm . Their QB Muskett is 12 of 14 in the conference in Total QBR. Defensively, they are allowing 30.875 pts/gm, 33.4 pts/gm against FBS.

We average 31.75pts/gm, both on offense and defense. I think we have done a much better job lately of finishing drives with points than we did at the beginning of the season.

We have played a bit harder schedule imo, and have a better record against common opponents.

Final score ends up something like 36-30 Tech.
FWIW. College Football News came out with their prediction of Cavaliers by a field goal mostly due to running for over 200 yards and controlling the clock. Plausible in Hooville I suppose.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Nobody asked your opinion of what qualifies as an epic loss. You shared that on your own. If you agree it is a bad loss, then stop talking about Citadel
Wee woo wee woo, thought police on the scene! Tell us more that you don't understand how message boards work...

Ironically you are the one who keeps bringing it up and can't seem to let it go, replying to other posters' unrelated comments to complain about it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Virginia will need our total focus if we are to even have a chance. The team will have to play like it’s the last game they will ever play.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
33 years ago today. Goalposts came down at BDS that night. [YEP... game was in another state... didn't matter]

Cover of SI following week. Yes kids... it happened. When we're all dead you'll only be able to read about it. The memories are irreplaceable. GO JACKETS!!!

View attachment 15041

Watching that video, at the end I noticed a jersey that read "TISDEL." I haven't thought about Kevin Tisdel in ages - that dude was a revelation.

(For those who weren't there, I believe he was a walk-on, looking for playing time, who asked Bobby Ross if he could return kicks. They put him in, and he tore it up. I think he had 3-4 returns for a touchdown, and averaged something like 36 yards per return that year. Just another part of that magical 1990 season where everything came together the way it was supposed to.)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Surely the yellow jackets can beat a team with amascot that's a cavailier (guy in tights, wearing a mask , pkus a silly hat w feather) that looks like he belongs on puss and boots can of cat food

OMG that is funny. I'm a big Puss in Boots fan, won't look at him the same way. Let me get my Zima cool in the fridge .......

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching that video, at the end I noticed a jersey that read "TISDEL." I haven't thought about Kevin Tisdel in ages - that dude was a revelation.

(For those who weren't there, I believe he was a walk-on, looking for playing time, who asked Bobby Ross if he could return kicks. They put him in, and he tore it up. I think he had 3-4 returns for a touchdown, and averaged something like 36 yards per return that year. Just another part of that magical 1990 season where everything came together the way it was supposed to.)
If my memory serves me correctly, he had a PR in the second half against Clemson in BDS that enabled us to win. After destroying Clemson in the first half, they shut us down completely in the second half. His punt return set up our only second half score and it was late in the game. Another key moment in that special season.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If my memory serves me correctly, he had a PR in the second half against Clemson in BDS that enabled us to win. After destroying Clemson in the first half, they shut us down completely in the second half. His punt return set up our only second half score and it was late in the game. Another key moment in that special season.

From the article:
A critical play in the fourth quarter was Kevin Tisdel's 87-yard kick return to the Clemson 13 after a Gordacki field goal had cut the Georgia Tech lead to 14-12. Three plays later, the Yellow Jackets were in the end zone with a score that proved the margin of victory.

''I never thought I'd be able to do that against Clemson,'' Tisdel said, beaming. ''They're so quick and so fast. But it was return left, they overreacted, I cut up the middle and then down the right sideline. I'll never forget it.''

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
WATCHED a very boring BC and Syracuse game. BC was tougher in the trenches. When ball was snapped the LOS never moved against BC. The rbs wr did not dance. But made a cut and headed up field. The db got next to the wr and made tough throwing lanes.
The BC ol is what we could l be in 3 years . Everyone of them are gigantic and they block till they fall down.
I think we will see UVA try the same plan.

Trouble for them is our offense will be way more dynamic than Cuse who was terrible.