UVA game thoughts

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
The key will be putting pressure on their QB and then containing his scrambling ability. I'd like to see a LB spy put on Muskett, don't let this be Castellanos Part II ...
Get after the QB and we’ll win this game. This team doesn’t seem to be intimidated playing on the road so I don’t think home field help’s Virginia. Get to the dang QB and somebody make something happen and get out of there with a win. Huge game today for the Jackets!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Is this thread still about the UVA game?
Seems to be about who’s loss is worse. Not sure what that “proves.” Maybe it’s who can stink worst on their worst day? I’ll grant that in worst case scenarios UVA may be better, but who really cares? Why don’t we also compare MTBF? GA Tech’s is precisely 14 days. :p

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
33 years ago today. Goalposts came down at BDS that night. [YEP... game was in another state... didn't matter]

Cover of SI following week. Yes kids... it happened. When we're all dead you'll only be able to read about it. The memories are irreplaceable. GO JACKETS!!!

View attachment 15041

I have my tickets from that game as well as that SI in a shadow box on my office. SWEET memories!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Seems to be about who’s loss is worse. Not sure what that “proves.” Maybe it’s who can stink worst on their worst day? I’ll grant that in worst case scenarios UVA may be better, but who really cares? Why don’t we also compare MTBF? GA Tech’s is precisely 14 days. :p
I refuse to bite on this. 😊

Now from an historical perspective….

🤪

And for something completely different….
I once had a professor years ago lay out a cogent argument for the proposition that every time we open our mouths and use words we are attempting to control reality.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

🤪

I once had a professor years ago lay out a cogent argument for the proposition that every time we open our mouths and use words we are attempting to control reality.
Maybe perception of reality? Reality is what it is. Attempting to control it is rather delusional. Then again, perhaps that was your prof’s point.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

🤪

Does this argument have a name?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Does this argument have a name?
I don’t know. It was a very long time ago.

I suspect that it is related to brain theory (Stanford studies) how perception is shaped by thoughts, the philosophy of egoism, and existential / psychological role of anxiety over the human condition.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Wee woo wee woo, thought police on the scene! Tell us more that you don't understand how message boards work...

Ironically you are the one who keeps bringing it up and can't seem to let it go, replying to other posters' unrelated comments to complain about it.
LOL! Yeah, I am the one who cannot let it go. Please tell us more why anyone should care about the Citadel loss?

By the way, we were 27.5 point favorites against Citadel and lost by 3. We were 22 point favorites against Bowling Green and needed two late touchdowns to lose by 11. Even the point you are arguing is wrong. They are both epically bad losses.

Last edited:

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL! Yeah, I am the one who cannot let it go. Please tell us more why anyone should care about the Citadel loss?

By the way, we were 27.5 point favorites against Citadel and lost by 3. We were 22 point favorites against Bowling Green and needed two late touchdowns to lose by 11. Even the point you are arguing is wrong. They are both epically bad losses.
I’m still trying to figure out how we lost that game and the way we lost….then go beat Miami on the road smh 😂

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Maybe perception of reality? Reality is what it is. Attempting to control it is rather delusional. Then again, perhaps that was your prof’s point.

Think About It GIF by Identity