USF Postgame #USFvsGT

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
So now that I'm back home and cooled off here's my take.

1. PHIII is awesome, he averaged 41 ypp and that seemed too short. An absolute weapon. Also, the other ATL punter just should not expect to play much.

2. I'm confused why King is kicking instead of Wells, hopefully Wells gets his shot soon and retakes his spot.

3. D looked pretty good, which was fun.

4. It was very hot in the stands

5. The O coaching needs to pick a plan and stick with it, something seems off with Lucas, he seems to play hesitant. Honestly reminds me of Vad Lee post UNC in 2013.

6. Money down needs to be thrown out and whistle, scales, etc need to be brought back

slugboy

Staff member
These things are things that players like, Money Downs are meant to fire up the defense, I would encourage everyone to leave the defense alone

For years, it’s been THIRRRRRRRRD DOWN, and we let them convert.
This year, it’s MONEY DOWN and we force a punt.
I’m OK with Money Down as long as we keep stopping the other team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
How do kickers “out compete” one another? Is that saying one was more accurate ?

This is one thing I don’t like about the ATL thing if I’m understanding the concept correctly. If Tom Brady has a bad week in practice because he ate a taco or something, does that mean the other QB “above the line” gets the start? Wesley has been great for us his whole career, while King has been the opposite. I don’t like the idea of going with an unproven “hot hand” over a known consistent player because of one week of practice.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
For years, it’s been THIRRRRRRRRD DOWN, and we let them convert.
This year, it’s MONEY DOWN and we force a punt.
I’m OK with Money Down as long as we keep stopping the other team.
USF scored on a Money Down and got two big third down conversions. Does every play have to have a rap song or Money Down? Hard enough to sit in 95 degree heat. How about giving the fans a break.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
This is one thing I don’t like about the ATL thing if I’m understanding the concept correctly. If Tom Brady has a bad week in practice because he ate a taco or something, does that mean the other QB “above the line” gets the start? Wesley has been great for us his whole career, while King has been the opposite. I don’t like the idea of going with an unproven “hot hand” over a known consistent player because of one week of practice.

And kickers need flow also, consistently kicking lets them build routine, God knows they are head cases anyway.

Just kidding ( kinda )

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
On “money down” it got a bit annoying to announce it every 3rd down. If it really helps, fine but it may be better to reserve for actual critical 3rd downs.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Do you guys actually think the announcer yelling Money Down really helps the players? lol

If that’s the case, CGC needs to come up with a unique name for third down for the offense...and maybe first and second down while we’re at it.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
USF scored on a Money Down and got two big third down conversions. Does every play have to have a rap song or Money Down? Hard enough to sit in 95 degree heat. How about giving the fans a break.
So three success instead of 12+ like previous years when our DBs were 10 yards off the ball and backpedaling to boot?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
So now that I'm back home and cooled off here's my take.

1. PHIII is awesome, he averaged 41 ypp and that seemed too short. An absolute weapon. Also, the other ATL punter just should not expect to play much.

2. I'm confused why King is kicking instead of Wells, hopefully Wells gets his shot soon and retakes his spot.

3. D looked pretty good, which was fun.

4. It was very hot in the stands

5. The O coaching needs to pick a plan and stick with it, something seems off with Lucas, he seems to play hesitant. Honestly reminds me of Vad Lee post UNC in 2013.

6. Money down needs to be thrown out and whistle, scales, etc need to be brought back

I totally believe we are seeing hesitation out of LJ because he isn’t getting the reps he needs. He made the correct read on the batted interception and he bailed out s our big time on the 3rd and 12 deep on our end.

Of course TO looks good when he is running but we are going to have have a QB who can pass also. I like TO. But it’s f he was put in on 3rd and 10 on half way f his plays we would be asking Why he looked hesitant also.

Again 21 passes and I think 51 runs today

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you guys actually think the announcer yelling Money Down really helps the players? lol

If that’s the case, CGC needs to come up with a unique name for third down for the offense...and maybe first and second down while we’re at it.

No I think it fires up the fans and that flows to the players

slugboy

Staff member

Above The Line means you’ve been performing well enough to play, and you should see playing time.

Whether you’re in the first series or a different series has more to do with what the coaches want to accomplish than who’s the “best” player.

If we had Tom Brady, he’d be above the line, bad taco or not.