USF Postgame #USFvsGT

Milwaukee

Banned
From Ken S. (AJC)

If you're wondering: 1) Wesley Wells did not play because Brenton King out-competed him in practice this week, Geoff Collins said.
2) Charlie Thomas was not bothered by the heat today. "I'm from South Georgia."

Well hopefully Wells picks it up in practice because King has been an absolute DISASTER on the actual football field where it counts since he arrived.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I’m buying what Collins and Thacker are selling on defense. We are rolling a lot of guys and there’s no perceived drop off that I can tell. Don’t forget this is only Charlie’s second game at a new position. He had 9 tackles today. He’s a baller. Chico had a sack before he got hurt. I saw him running on the sideline later so hopefully he’ll be back soon. Sims had a ton of reps at corner and was in when the game was on the line. The biggest thing I notice, as already mentioned, is our tackling is vastly improved from last year. And if you heard Collins’ post game interview he made the statement “get used to it” when talking about the play of the defense.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
How big was that tackle at the 1 yard line and ensuing Goal-line stand, then the even fumble recovery! I can’t remember the last time we got a stop like that. Huge day for our defense, really excited about that.

Last edited:

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Defense was good today. I took my binoculars... was looking for Marco specifically since he's had the least experience as a coach... but he was barking all over the guys, never letting up on them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wow, hire some game time coaches please. No reason for this game to be this close. No reason to be within 3 tds.

As an aside - what was the line? Amazing.

But I agree about scores.

I think with all my heart that we should have a goal to never lose a game, especially by not more than 7 points. I don’t care who we play.

If someone doesn’t agree - they are losers andtruly do not love GT.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Getting a win makes a lot of difference for a very young team. Lets not assume this is as well as we will play all year. Far from it, I bet.