USF Postgame #USFvsGT

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, posted this in another thread, but here's the difference in the lead out. Not a huge change, so it wasn't really advertised but just mentioned by the Reck driver in that article:

The Reck used to smash through a paper banner on the way out with the cheerleaders running in front of it and the players running behind it.
Now there wasn't a banner anymore and the cheerleaders were behind, followed by the players

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
We played well on def and ST. CDP is our problem. Subbing QBs at that rate allows none of them to build rhythm. Graham should be the starter with Oliver packages. Johnson sucks.

I don't know if it's CDP or not (though my friend will tell you that I was really upset with CDP during the game). I do know he doesn't have the ideal tools with which to work. But then again it's on him to be able to figure out the most effective way to use whatever he has and I'm not even sure he's done that. On the other hand I recognize this is game 2 and I think the team is still learning and unlearning so I'm sitting back waiting to see where this goes. But I was definitely not thrilled with our offensive performance today.

I believe we have a bunch of talented athletes who need time to gel together doing new things. Especially at the QB position and the OL position. I also think we were really put on our back feet by the two injuries to Minihan and Cooper. So that's also why I'm not willing to lay all the blame (though all the responsibility, yes!) at the feet of CDP... yet.

I don't know if it's CDP or not (though my friend will tell you that I was really upset with CDP during the game). I do know he doesn't have the ideal tools with which to work. But then again it's on him to be able to figure out the most effective way to use whatever he has and I'm not even sure he's done that. On the other hand I recognize this is game 2 and I think the team is still learning and unlearning so I'm sitting back waiting to see where this goes. But I was definitely not thrilled with our offensive performance today.

I believe we have a bunch of talented athletes who need time to gel together doing new things. Especially at the QB position and the OL position. I also think we were really put on our back feet by the two injuries to Minihan and Cooper. So that's also why I'm not willing to lay all the blame (though all the responsibility, yes!) at the feet of CDP... yet.
The timeouts that had to be called because they couldn't get a play in in time really ticked me off.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Great to get the first win of the Collins era.

Defense bucked up.

Pressley Harvin... you the real MVP.

I surreptitiously sneaked on the South Florida website "Bullspen" to see what they had to say about us. Very little it turns out because they mainly wanted to gripe about Coach Strong who many of them feel would have been fired under the goal posts after the game were it not for the 7 million dollar buyout that the Texas attorneys laid on them for getting rid of Strong and the utter, total, glee with which they expressed about Coach Taggert and the Noles. I was kind of taken aback and thought I had stumbled onto Gator Country nope. One wise guy said that Willie might be gone before Charlie. Not much about us other than complaining about the TD that became a turnover and a quarterback controversy,. We are like Rodney Dangerfield, we don't get any respect even when we win.

As far as today's win goes...well it beats losing. "Just win, baby." Al Davis circa 1975

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This defensive unit will be able to compete. I’m kind of blown away by what we’ve seen on that side of the ball with only two games.

I feel like we should be able to muster more from the O as the season goes on.

I still think we can match last season’s win total.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
From Ken S. (AJC)

If you're wondering: 1) Wesley Wells did not play because Brenton King out-competed him in practice this week, Geoff Collins said.
2) Charlie Thomas was not bothered by the heat today. "I'm from South Georgia."

How do kickers “out compete” one another? Is that saying one was more accurate ?