USF Postgame #USFvsGT

The students on TV were excited about money downs, yelling jumping and throwing fake money, I think we should tell them to sit down and be quiet next week.

I bet the Budweiser song riled some folks up when it first appeared.
The Budweiser song is played once a game. That "money down" thing was all game long, and it just got to be monotonous. Now if it were used at really key moments in game, it might be different, but EVERT THIRD DOWN ???? Sorry, it just didn't work for me or anybody around me.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Just wondering who’s complaining. I was present when we dropped Clemson in Dabo’s 1st game. The amount of Lil Wayne piped in was absurd. Old folks might not like it but the players do.
I was there too that game was at Clemson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know if this is racist or not, it isn’t meant to be but Collins is trying to brand this team, give it identity.

“Money Down” Is a play on words, it’s something you would hear in RAP, matter of fact ATL is a play on words, ATL was made famous by the RAP industry with ATLANTA being the center of the industry. Collins is trying to makes this Atlanta’s team !

This is no different than having RAP personalities on the sideline.

It makes sense us older folks don’t really like it but it’s the equivalent of Hunker Down and more modern

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know if this is racist or not, it isn’t meant to be but Collins is trying to brand this team, give it identity.

“Money Down” Is a play on words, it’s something you would hear in RAP, matter of fact ATL is a play on words, ATL was made famous by the RAP industry with ATLANTA being the center of the industry. Collins is trying to makes this Atlanta’s team !

This is no different than having RAP personalities on the sideline.

It makes sense us older folks don’t really like it but it’s the equivalent of Hunker Down and more modern

“Money Down” is the least of our worries. We won on the scoreboard but if there would’ve been a decent goal line camera, we would’ve lost today to a team that hasn’t won a game since mid-2018.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The O coordinator for one thing needs to quit this 3 QB experiment. The offense can find no rhythm or leader with 3 guys rotating in the game. Lucas would be my last pick at QB. I feel TO gives us our best chance to win. The QB thing should be figured out prior to the season. Not very impressed with O coordinator. He seems to have no feel for the game flow.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
“Money Down” is the least of our worries. We won on the scoreboard but if there would’ve been a decent goal line camera, we would’ve lost today to a team that hasn’t won a game since mid-2018.

You mean back when they beat us last year?

We beat a team we could not beat last year. That is improvement.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You mean back when they beat us last year?

We beat a team we could not beat last year. That is improvement.

Do you think the team that put 49 points on us last year is the same team that scored 10 on us today? The USF team that we played last year sure looked a lot better than the team that we kinda beat today.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
it does actually. The back-foot dead-duck floaters of the last 2 years got picked more often than not. Couldn't really blame PJ for not throwing it more! LJ's inaccurate rifles were only gonna be caught or souvenirs for someone in the front row lol

Not that I expected facts in this argument, but this is completely inaccurate. Last two years was total 9 ints by GT QBs, (4 2018, 5 2017) in 245 total pass attempts. But hey, narrative is always free to interpretation I guess...

Also, TQMs QBR rating was miles ahead of our current QBs, though I will freely admit was due a lot to system fit.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Most of my thoughts have already been expressed by others.

-I have zero concern one way or the other about “money down”, “ATL” or any other “culture” changes. If those things get you riled up, you need some perspective in life.

-I love the improvement on defense. This s what I hoped a CGC defense would look like and it looks ahead of schedule.

-I have concerns that our offensive staff is not innovative enough to utilize the players we have to win now. We were spoiled by the way CPJ was able to do that with the 2008 roster.

-I don’t understand what some are seeing at QB. One of them just isn’t a gamer. One needs to run the ball 10+ times a game from whatever position. And one is clearly the most composed and able to hit a pass beyond 4 yards. Hopefully they sort it out soon.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Not that I expected facts in this argument, but this is completely inaccurate. Last two years was total 9 ints by GT QBs, (4 2018, 5 2017) in 245 total pass attempts. But hey, narrative is always free to interpretation I guess...

Also, TQMs QBR rating was miles ahead of our current QBs, though I will freely admit was due a lot to system fit.

I don't expect fans of the previous scheme to understand passing nor passing stats and was not surprised by this response but, to put it politely, 9 INTs in 245 attempts is actually pretty terrible. That's an INT every 27 pass attempts.

To put it in perspective, Trevor Lawrence thru 4 INTs in 2018 in almost 400 attempts (397). That's 1 for nearly every 100 throws.
Kyler Murray threw 14 INTs in his 3 year, 520-attempt college career. That's 1 for every 37 attempts....and he was throwing it much more often than TQM.

QBR is nonsensical when you're attempting 10 passes/game.