USF Postgame #USFvsGT

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From Ken S. (AJC)

If you're wondering: 1) Wesley Wells did not play because Brenton King out-competed him in practice this week, Geoff Collins said.
2) Charlie Thomas was not bothered by the heat today. "I'm from South Georgia."

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Malachi Carter is a good WR. Our QBs can't find him, nor can they deliver to him when he's open...but he's not the only WR that has to contend with that. Go watch the replay when you get the chance, the passing schemes are working, we just can't get our WRs the ball.

7 is scared to fling it down field; definitely have opportunities

Scubapro

Banned
Egh idk I’m just frustrated with the whole offense today.
How many times did we lose 2+ yards on first down?
The biggest gripe I have with Dave is not calling plays suited to the talent we have. Sure run the zone read BUT run it where our linemen don't have to hold their blocks for long. The one semi counter option on the edge went for 20+ and it was there ALL day.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
From Ken S. (AJC)

If you're wondering: 1) Wesley Wells did not play because Brenton King out-competed him in practice this week, Geoff Collins said.
2) Charlie Thomas was not bothered by the heat today. "I'm from South Georgia."

Did Wells lose his kicking leg? I know what I saw last year...in real games...I'm still taking wells with one leg.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Before I read through the above, just some quick thoughts.

Harvin is a stud punter!

The USF punter is pretty good too.

The D made some big plays to "win" the game.

Losing two starting O line players hurt.

The D pass rush was much improved in the 2nd half.

It was freaking hot in the stands.

Got some "lucky bounces" including the targeting penalty.

Tobias deserves more credit than many are giving him.

Tip of the cap to Mason, some real good runs [emoji106]

Disappointed with the offense overall today. Too many negative yardage pass and run plays.
If USF would have scored a TD towards the end of the 4th quarter, I am not sure that the offense would have been able to score before time expired.

Damn glad we got the W today.
You are in trouble I agree with everything you said.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Guys were open. Our QBs either didn't see them, or weren't able to execute the pass. This worries me... A LOT. Outside of Citadel and Temple, the competition is going to step up. If we don't get better execution from our QBs this could get ugly once we get into ACC play.

I don't want to criticize any SAs, but I'm starting to see why CPJ had to use the guys he did at QB. My hope is the QBs start to "get it" and develop.

Mason is a workhorse.

Say what you want about Tobias, but he's saving our bacon on offense right now. Coaches need to come up with better play designs for him.

Harvin is the man...but we already knew that.

Defense is getting better, and they played tough when we needed to. We actually saw some semblance of pass rush!

If we don't play better on offense, this isn't going to be good for bowl game prospects.

4 sacks I think. (In ONE game)