USF fan in Woodstock

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Dude, how is #8 playing WR?! He looks like Jerome Bettis out there ... (I said he looked like Jon Dwyer in another thread, but you may not follow GT enough to know who that is).

Yeah I remember Dwyer. I thought he was going to be a beast in the NFL.
Yeah #8 is Tyree McCants. He looks like a linebacker, is tough as nails and is faster than you think. He loves to hit guys both with the ball and making great block. He is a Sr.
#3 is Darnell Salomon he was a 4* and to me looks like the most talented wr. He is a Jr.
#84 is Randall St. Felix. He surprised us Saturday night. He is only a Freshman.
#86 is Stanley Clerveaux who has been getting the most praise in camp. Hopefully he is as good as he sounds.
I dont think we have been ever happier with our receivers and last year we had Marquez Valdes-Scantling who is now catching passes from Aaron Rodgers

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yeah #8 is Tyree McCants. He looks like a linebacker, is tough as nails and is faster than you think. He loves to hit guys both with the ball and making great block. He is a Sr.
#3 is Darnell Salomon he was a 4* and to me looks like the most talented wr. He is a Jr.
#84 is Randall St. Felix. He surprised us Saturday night. He is only a Freshman.
#86 is Stanley Clerveaux who has been getting the most praise in camp. Hopefully he is as good as he sounds.
I dont think we have been ever happier with our receivers and last year we had Marquez Valdes-Scantling who is now catching passes from Aaron Rodgers
I am well I know who I am and at my age that is a good thing. I just get up and thought I would tell you about a few of our players before my nap time.

Now I wish I could give you their jersey numbers but I can't it's confidential and I don't think you have the clearance yet. I can get it for you for a small fee of $200, or and most uga fans do it with 4 easy payments of $150.

Bismo Funvuns is one of our DE he was highly rated out of High school 1 star. not our best DE but he is majoring in Aerospace Engineering and at this time has a 95 avg in Aerodynamics. When the defense is on the field if you look at the bench he will be the one sitting on the far left.

Crem De La Crème is one of our running backs. 6' 6" 380 . Not very fast and boy can he eat. he is majoring in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and at this has a 88 avg in Biocatalysis (sp) . To find him look at the bench he will be the one eating fired chicken.

Strunk Flugget is an OT . another high rated players out of high school 1 1/2 stars. He is majoring in Management taking Differential Calculus and has a 91 avg. You won't see him on the field still needs work, he is only a RS SR we have hope that by the end of year he will play. To see him look at the bench he will be the one sitting alone he has gas problems.

Quack A Dilly Blip is a WR was all-star all 7 years in high school. Oh wait he signed with uga and they think after he gets out of jail he could be a starter.

I gave up way too much information and it is time to take a nap.

Whitelightnin

Georgia Tech Fan
Another USF grad here living in Western NC. You know who I'll be rooting for. That's right. Tech all the way.

Born and raised in Atlanta and started following Tech at an early age. As a teenager, I listened to every Tech basketball game on the radio in the Al Ciraldo and Roger Kaiser days. Followed football too, of course, in the Bobby Dodd and Billy Lothridge era. Did pretty well in high school so, naturally, I applied to Tech, and received early admission which helped with getting dates the remainder of my senior year. Started to Tech in 1964.

During sophomore year, met a girl, got married, got a job (through the Ga Tech placement office), quit Tech, started night school and eventually was transferred by my company to St Petersburg, FL where I completed my college career graduating from USF. Went from a 1.9 gpa (too much dating and beer) to a 4.0 at USF. There is a slight difference in academic difficulty. Never been to a USF game. They didn't even have a team when I was there. Still married to the same girl, by the way, who grew into a huge fan over the years even though she is from Deland, Fl.

Was able to go to a few games over the years including the 1990 win over Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl.

Whitelightnin

Georgia Tech Fan
Another USF grad here living in Western NC. You know who I'll be rooting for. That's right. Tech all the way.

Born and raised in Atlanta and started following Tech at an early age. As a teenager, I listened to every Tech basketball game on the radio in the Al Ciraldo and Roger Kaiser days. Followed football too, of course, in the Bobby Dodd and Billy Lothridge era. Did pretty well in high school so, naturally, I applied to Tech, and received early admission which helped with getting dates the remainder of my senior year. Started to Tech in 1964.

During sophomore year, met a girl, got married, got a job (through the Ga Tech placement office), quit Tech, started night school and eventually was transferred by my company to St Petersburg, FL where I completed my college career graduating from USF. Went from a 1.9 gpa (too much dating and beer) to a 4.0 at USF. There is a slight difference in academic difficulty. Never been to a USF game. They didn't even have a team when I was there. Still married to the same girl, by the way, who grew into a huge fan over the years even though she is from Deland, Fl.

Was able to go to a few games over the years including the 1990 win over Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl.

Deleted member 2897

I am well I know who I am and at my age that is a good thing. I just get up and thought I would tell you about a few of our players before my nap time.

Now I wish I could give you their jersey numbers but I can't it's confidential and I don't think you have the clearance yet. I can get it for you for a small fee of $200, or and most uga fans do it with 4 easy payments of $150.

Bismo Funvuns is one of our DE he was highly rated out of High school 1 star. not our best DE but he is majoring in Aerospace Engineering and at this time has a 95 avg in Aerodynamics. When the defense is on the field if you look at the bench he will be the one sitting on the far left.

Crem De La Crème is one of our running backs. 6' 6" 380 . Not very fast and boy can he eat. he is majoring in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and at this has a 88 avg in Biocatalysis (sp) . To find him look at the bench he will be the one eating fired chicken.

Strunk Flugget is an OT . another high rated players out of high school 1 1/2 stars. He is majoring in Management taking Differential Calculus and has a 91 avg. You won't see him on the field still needs work, he is only a RS SR we have hope that by the end of year he will play. To see him look at the bench he will be the one sitting alone he has gas problems.

Quack A Dilly Blip is a WR was all-star all 7 years in high school. Oh wait he signed with uga and they think after he gets out of jail he could be a starter.

I gave up way too much information and it is time to take a nap.

Don’t forget Fudge - everybody likes Fudge.

Deleted member 2897

What a circuitous route to Florida.

Deleted member 2897

Pretty much had a straight shot to Florida didn’t you.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan

giphy.gif

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I am excited to see how our secondary matches up against USF's receivers. Tech has a lot of young, large DBs who were highly ranked by recruiting services.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
I am excited to see how our secondary matches up against USF's receivers. Tech has a lot of young, large DBs who were highly ranked by recruiting services.

Well that is scary. We are kinda set up for our passing to carry us this year. Complete 180° of the last 2 years.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well that is scary. We are kinda set up for our passing to carry us this year. Complete 180° of the last 2 years.

Emphasis on "young". We turned over almost our entire secondary. If this were next year I would feel a whole lot better. This year young QB throwing against young secondary. Take your pick. :nailbiting:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Gonna be a scary test for our young guys in the secondary. I am a little worried about our freshmen (RS and true) safeties and CB's handling that #8, tackling him in the open field. Can we match that physicality? Not to mention the skill of the other guys you mentioned, with what sounds like a QB with high potential. Gotta pressure, disguise coverage, and figure out a way to tackle well in the open field (just get them on the ground, it doesn't have to be pretty). If we can keep the big play aspect from killing us, I think this game could come down to the redzone defense of both teams.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be a scary test for our young guys in the secondary. I am a little worried about our freshmen (RS and true) safeties and CB's handling that #8, tackling him in the open field. Can we match that physicality? Not to mention the skill of the other guys you mentioned, with what sounds like a QB with high potential. Gotta pressure, disguise coverage, and figure out a way to tackle well in the open field (just get them on the ground, it doesn't have to be pretty). If we can keep the big play aspect from killing us, I think this game could come down to the redzone defense of both teams.

Those young DBs did a pretty good job tackling Saturday, especially on the quick throws to the outside! :) You're right though, big test and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they come out with a passing grade!

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Idk if we're "scary" yet, because we are young.

We'll run out guys like Kaleb Oliver (6'4 SS), Juanyeh Thomas (6'3 FS), Jaylen Johnson (6'3 Hybrid DB), Tariq Carpenter (6'2 SS), Lamont Simmons (6'2 CB), Tre Swilling (6' CB), Zamari Walton (6'3 CB), Jaylon King (6'1 CB), etc.

With the exception of Simmons (So Cal Transfer) and Johnson, all of those guys are freshmen and sophomores. Like I mentioned, large and athletic but probably prone to mistakes since they are young.