USF fan in Woodstock

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
In 1960 the population of Cobb County was approx 114K and it was the 7th most populated county in the state. You can imagine what Cherokee was LOL!!!!

Haha probably around 20-30k! Sheesh!!!! Now its 10x that!

Cherokee is growing really fast now, people moving from areas that have gotten too crowded / too much traffic. Wife and I moved from our house in Alpharetta to canton, because too ridiculous in Alpharetta now.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Cherokee is growing really fast now, people moving from areas that have gotten too crowded / too much traffic. Wife and I moved from our house in Alpharetta to canton, because too ridiculous in Alpharetta now.

Yeah, and canton isnt even the country. That's jasper. To me it's based off retail, if you have a target,dicks, more than 1 starbucks it's not too country. But I grew up as a suburban kid. Loud and proud haha

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I figured Nashville was packed.

My uncle moved to Pittsburgh a few years back and loves it.

Nashville reminds of Atlanta 25 years ago, everything you could want from a housing, employment and entertainment standpoint with much less problems. It seems as if the leadership here over the last 15 years has learned a lot from what happened to Atlanta

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
When I was in in HS, our BB team bus/van got lost going to game at Etowah HS, back then it felt like were way out in the country.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So anyone in here going to Tampa?

I pick one road game per year. This year, I decided on Louisville. Tampa came in as a close second. If we would’ve scheduled USF in October, it would’ve come in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
I pick one road game per year. This year, I decided on Louisville. Tampa came in as a close second. If we would’ve scheduled USF in October, it would’ve come in first.

Fair point. Tampa in early September is brutal.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Fair point. Tampa in early September is brutal.

And hurricanes. Last year, my wife and I chose Miami as our road game and also decided to make a vacation out of that entire week. We booked an AirBnB in Bonita Springs and then Irma came along. Our vacation rental was severely damaged. Hence, my new policy of no Florida plans around the peak of hurricane season.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
And hurricanes. Last year, my wife and I chose Miami as our road game and also decided to make a vacation out of that entire week. We booked an AirBnB in Bonita Springs and then Irma came along. Our vacation rental was severely damaged. Hence, my new policy of no Florida plans around the peak of hurricane season.

Bonita Springs area can be scary during hurricane season. Tampa on the other hand never gets it bad, even last year with Irma.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Offense strengths:
QB- seems like we got really lucky with the Bama transfer Barnett.
TE- Wilcox might be the best player on our team.
WR- probably the deepest corps we have ever had. Fast, tall, and strong. Look out for McCants, he is a beast.

Defense strengths:
DBs- fast to the ball and very athletic
LBs- undersized but also very fast and athletic

Offense weaknesses:

Oline- based on one game, I am concerned. They didnt seem to open holes for our running game but did give the QB plenty of time. Too early to tell.

RB- Mack and Sands didnt impress me but our starter Cronkrite did not play. From what I saw in the spring he looked like a good runner and a great pass catcher. Too early to tell.

Defense weaknesses:

DT: They worry me the most. All summer we heard the Dline was our biggest strength but did not see that yesterday. I hope that was just a fluke. If not, you guys will make our day brutal.

Special teams:

Special teams was awful last year. Hopefully that has changed. It looked good last night but small sample size against an fcs team...

Dude, how is #8 playing WR?! He looks like Jerome Bettis out there ... (I said he looked like Jon Dwyer in another thread, but you may not follow GT enough to know who that is).