Uniforms vs Louisville

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So frustrating how we really don't have "uniforms" anymore. We just wear different things for every game. We have no identity.
I just cant grasp why GT wont go all in on White and Gold. Like Tennessee does for white and orange. It is such an easy win branding wise! I honestly just don't think the marketing people we have even know our history or colors tbh.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So frustrating how we really don't have "uniforms" anymore. We just wear different things for every game. We have no identity.
I just cant grasp why GT wont go all in on White and Gold. Like Tennessee does for white and orange. It is such an easy win branding wise! I honestly just don't think the marketing people we have even know our history or colors tbh.
Tennessee wears black and gray jerseys too

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you wear the same thing to work every day? Do you not have an identity?

I can understand having a preference and all, even a strong preference. But sometimes I wonder if some people invoke principles like "lack of identity" or "tradition" to justify a pout.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I can understand having a preference and all, even a strong preference. But sometimes I wonder if some people invoke principles like "lack of identity" or "tradition" to justify a pout.
Not sure I understand your point.

I think the question is really whether or not college football is different from other sports. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn’t. Maybe it should be. Maybe it shouldn’t be.

But the “pout,” as you put it, is that watching a team like the NY Yankees or the Braves, or watching the Green Bay Packers or the Falcons, one knows instantly who they are watching. This is also true for some college football teams we could name. It establishes a brand that speaks of history and tradition. A team like Alabama, with their uniforms that remain almost virtually unchanged, establishes an identity that gets passed down from generation to generation, which helps recruiting and which partly contributes to an overall culture that wins championships.

Oregon also has a strong brand that seems to include rarely wearing the same uniform twice. But they have an entire design aesthetic that no one else can match. When I turn on a TV and see them I know instantly who they are and it all seems to work for them.

But just changing up uniform combinations each week does not make a strong statement of identity. Sadly, our rivals in Athens have established a strong identity. Ours used to be as strong as theirs but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Huh? It's pretty standard in sports at all levels to have a specific set of uniforms you wear regularly. I would imagine most people here do not work jobs that require uniforms, but plenty do.