Uniform thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It is maddening because it has all the earmarks of a hoax. But my wife and I also looked at the same picture and saw two different things. I thought she was pulling my leg. But then she thought I was just making it up and actually saw what she saw. But was she just saying that because she really saw what I saw? o_O

Supposedly it has to do with a certain chemical which is in greater or lesser quantities in each person which interprets the light waves in the transaction from retina to brain. Unless they are just pulling our legs.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Nope. Different people looking at same image on same screen see different colors.
Perhaps you're right. We'll see. I've seen "three different" versions of it. But of all the different images that I've seen it's more white and gold that the other two combinations.

Perhaps you're right. We'll see. I've seen "three different" versions of it. But of all the different images that I've seen it's more white and gold that the other two combinations.
I've seen several different versions, and each of them was different from the other. One was clearly gold and white, one was clearly black and blue, one was clearly blue and white. I went back and looked at each again, and I saw the same I saw the first time I looked.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The problem with the different versions is that only one of them is supposed to be the "test." The others are either copies of the test, or pictures of the dress to show you what it looks like to other people. To me it almost seems to have to do with the lighting. I see gold and white on the original as do, supposedly, 2/3 of people who look at it. But other people I know swear they see blue and black.

Since color is actually (lay person here so watch out) a kind of label that the brain gives as it interprets "light speed" off of different surfaces, I wonder if the texture and type of material, along with the lighting, is part of the "trick" to the brain. If there is some kind of extra refraction going on in additional to the "normal" refraction that the brain interprets it may give more than one "signal" which is then interpreted differently by individuals based on things like how many rods and cones that have and that kind of thing.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
The problem with the different versions is that only one of them is supposed to be the "test." The others are either copies of the test, or pictures of the dress to show you what it looks like to other people. To me it almost seems to have to do with the lighting. I see gold and white on the original as do, supposedly, 2/3 of people who look at it. But other people I know swear they see blue and black.

Since color is actually (lay person here so watch out) a kind of label that the brain gives as it interprets "light speed" off of different surfaces, I wonder if the texture and type of material, along with the lighting, is part of the "trick" to the brain. If there is some kind of extra refraction going on in additional to the "normal" refraction that the brain interprets it may give more than one "signal" which is then interpreted differently by individuals based on things like how many rods and cones that have and that kind of thing.
The very first time I saw the picture that was posted on this three I saw white a gold, since then every other time I look at it I see blue and black so I saved the picture and showed a lot of ppl and it was pretty much split down the middle of people seeing white and gold and blue and black is crazy how it works but I think you are close with why it happens

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
The very first time I saw the picture that was posted on this three I saw white a gold, since then every other time I look at it I see blue and black so I saved the picture and showed a lot of ppl and it was pretty much split down the middle of people seeing white and gold and blue and black is crazy how it works but I think you are close with why it happens
The real dress was black and blue. Due to the lighting in the store and the camera interpreting it a certain way it looks like white and gold. Most people's brains adjust for the shadows and things like that... some don't. It really has to do with your rods and cones in your eyes. I can see the dress both ways. If I scroll down it looks white and gold... if I scroll up it looks kinda black and blue.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
The real dress was black and blue. Due to the lighting in the store and the camera interpreting it a certain way it looks like white and gold. Most people's brains adjust for the shadows and things like that... some don't. It really has to do with your rods and cones in your eyes. I can see the dress both ways. If I scroll down it looks white and gold... if I scroll up it looks kinda black and blue.

Interesting. Your brain is supposed to correct because of the obvious overexposure in the foreground. Its worth noting that while the dress is black and blue, the image is telling your monitor to emit shades of dark gold and low saturation blues (pales and greys)

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to stop talking about dresses..... Kennesaw State chooses Addidas....

BwI8iTsCMAA_in4.jpg

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
KSU gets no love from me for eating Poly. GT was trying to build some economic growth for the long term, so leave it to the Regents to undo anything positive we accomplish.

Also the stretchy distortion thing going on makes it look very odd.

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
Most of you have probably heard of "the dress". It turns out that the color you see depends on the lighting but I still see white and gold! This is not really football related, but I thought of white and gold and science so I thought of Tech and this is the most popular forum, so why not post this thread?;)

the-internet-is-losing-its-composure-over-this-dress-that-might-be-white-and-gold-or-black-and-blue.jpg

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Most of you have probably heard of "the dress". It turns out that the color you see depends on the lighting but I still see white and gold! This is not really football related, but I thought of white and gold and science so I thought of Tech and this is the most popular forum, so why not post this thread?;)

the-internet-is-losing-its-composure-over-this-dress-that-might-be-white-and-gold-or-black-and-blue.jpg
Get this **** off my football board.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck

it damn sure is not black and red!