Uniform thread

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Thought the OB shirts, if we are forced to wear dark, looked great. Always wanted to see the G/B/W with Gold numbers.

Don't care if third color is black or blue - as long as it is consistent for ALL our teams.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yall wouldn't really want our guys wearing black early in the season I'd imagine. Not a fan of yours that look late season either but that would be a bad option on a hot September Saturday imo.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Those of you who are really good at finding obscure things on the internet could do something for which I would forever be grateful. Back in 1967 during Spring practice, Tech was experimenting with adding a logo to Tech helmets for the first time. Several logos were submitted, at least two of which were designed by Tech students or football players. The selection came down to two choices, the one that was eventually chosen, and a second one that finished a close second. That second logo was visible on an article the AJC was running about how practice was going under the new coach. A player was in the picture, I want to say Eric Wilcox, and there was a helmet with the emblem on it that eventually ended up being the second choice. I mention it because if we ever wanted to do a variation on helmet color, in conjunction with a different uniform look, this emblem would work very nicely. If one pictures the way the NY are interlocked on the Yankee uniforms you get a rough approximation of how it looked. The T was superimposed on top of the G so that the ascender, arms and legs of the T coursed through the counter of the G. But I am trying to recall this from an image I saw in my childhood.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As for blue uniforms, I like them. They remind me of each of Tech's "glory years," from Heisman, the 1940s, Dodd (rare but still) and Ross's national championship team. Navy blue has been an accent color for most of Tech's history.

I've said this before but I also like the mustard colored jerseys that showed up in the Carson years with the white helmet and white pants. But when I am really feeling 'Tech-y" I always want to go with gold helmets, white jerseys and gold pants, the color scheme that I came of age with.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
White & Gold.

I think that there is a song about it somewhere. ;)

I would not normally be commenting one way or the other because it is really never a "its gotta be da shoes" thing (for me anyway - YMMV). But since the White & Gold argument also breaks down on the shade of or definition of "gold" and recently the internets are going crazy in general about White & Gold, I thought that I would leave this here:

White & Gold or Blue & Black

7f12ee06c45a2088559d4ffb4dcfb89e8972501e.jpg

I know it's Yahoo, but it has a sufficiently scientific explanation that is should appeal to most of us here.

The bottom line is that other than the yellow-gold/gold-gold debate we have, the shade of gold may never seem the same, one person to another.

188 Days, 9.5 hours to kickoff

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
White & Gold.

I think that there is a song about it somewhere. ;)

I would not normally be commenting one way or the other because it is really never a "its gotta be da shoes" thing (for me anyway - YMMV). But since the White & Gold argument also breaks down on the shade of or definition of "gold" and recently the internets are going crazy in general about White & Gold, I thought that I would leave this here:

White & Gold or Blue & Black

7f12ee06c45a2088559d4ffb4dcfb89e8972501e.jpg

I know it's Yahoo, but it has a sufficiently scientific explanation that is should appeal to most of us here.

The bottom line is that other than the yellow-gold/gold-gold debate we have, the shade of gold may never seem the same, one person to another.

188 Days, 9.5 hours to kickoff
White and gold by itself is not a strong graphic, especially from a distance, which is how most game attendees view them. Just not enough contrast. However, add a black outline around all the gold parts and magic happens, suddenly the graphics pop from a distance. Take this dress and outline all the gold stripes and you'll see what I mean.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
O.K., can we go back to shades of gold a minute? I have to say I tend to like the shinier gold for the helmet. It does not have to be Notre Dame shiny but it should be closer to Navy shiny if we are going with the more "historic" version, ala early Dodd years. The shade I have seen a few times since CPJ has been here leaving me totally flat. They have a kind of dull, honey nut brown look. One click darker of that shade and they would be almost dull copper penny color. I want my helmets to catch the light more. Even "old gold" will flash in the sunlight.

Have any of you guys seen this helmet design? I received it in an email. I have no idea if it is actually a proposed design for Tech or what. Also not sure what I think about it, although I sort of like it ---

tn