Uniform thread

GTfansincebirth

Georgia Tech Fan
This isn't a usual uniform thread. This is a positive post. I like the uniforms we had last season! Simple but it still looks modern. The only thing I want to see is us make a new alt uniform every year. Maybe a new helmet. Is there a new design for 2015? Does anyone know? I like going to the stores and being able to buy Nike,UA, Adidas, and others! We can make a variety of stuff in all brands. See Russell isn't so bad!

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Agree that this year uniforms were really good.

Wish they would put names on back of all jerseys, especially early in season. Also, for watching replays or highlights in a few years :D

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Would love a normal white helmet (not the chicken wire thing). The VT white throwbacks from '13 were great (the '06 throwbacks, helmet included, being my favorite)

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
This isn't a usual uniform thread. This is a positive post. I like the uniforms we had last season! Simple but it still looks modern. The only thing I want to see is us make a new alt uniform every year. Maybe a new helmet. Is there a new design for 2015? Does anyone know? I like going to the stores and being able to buy Nike,UA, Adidas, and others! We can make a variety of stuff in all brands. See Russell isn't so bad!

Amazing how a good season can make Russell unis look good...

/

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel it's only right to have an official thread dedicated to our fantasies of what we think would be cool to do for new uniforms, maybe even create a picture of one.

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
All my friends tell me that Russell is for high school and the university of ohio. :whistle:o_O. As long as we winning games haha, I like the white helmets a lot. If they bring back the 2012 uniforms, I will praise Russell.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
IMG_0912.PNG
Russell Athletic posted a picture on Twitter of some GT uniforms at an expo they had a few days ago. There is a white jersey that is different from anything we have seen. Very plain with modern looking numbers. I tweeted them and asked if that was for 2015.... the respsonse was "they were from 2014".... but they were not.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The orange bowl unis were the best!!!!
I would have liked them better with white pants. I didn't like how the did the numbers, either. They tried to mimmick the 1990 uniform but should have copied it exactly instead. See for yourself.

'14 OB
buzzrewind_orangebowl.jpg

'90 Citrus Bowl
Citrus913.jpg

Imo, our '14 uni's make us look like old LA Rams wannabe's (minus the helmet).

09000d5d8201f90a_gallery_600.jpg

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I would love that I think there is so many things we could do! Kinda like this helmet just more of a flat black look!

I'm not a big fan of black on unis for ideological reasons, but I could get behind something in the following circumstance:

Ted Roof builds up a top 30 defense and/or a top 30 opponent points defense. I understand uniform regs now require every uni be the same (so uniform... uniforms) so the Black Watch, at least as it was, can't come back. I don't even know if Roof would want to if he could.

But, in this circumstance, since we're obviously in a championship bowl with a top 30 D, we come out wearing a 'Spirit of the Black Watch' uniform as a tribute to Roof. Black Watch helmets (maybe gold trim on the GT so as to separate it from the symbol of membership in the old Black Watch) and uniforms something like below. (Because that uniform maker thing is fun to mess around with).

It's like pulling an Oregon all white stunt, but instead of weird and disconnected its a high visibility tie in to Tech's traditions.

Attachments

• black watch.PNG
    black watch.PNG
    140.4 KB · Views: 110

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow

There's an alternate version of a Tech helmet out on instagram. It's awful looking. Tech already has great-looking helmets (the gold helmets): clean, simple, classic. Don't really like the new white ones, but OK if only worn every now and again. If you have something that looks good, don't change it. Don't like the New York Yankees that much, but they have great uniforms. Imagine them changing their unis to something more 'relevant' and up-to-date. Oregon can get away with it because that's who they are, and it works for them. Only a few schools can pull it off. Buzz Jacket is a neat logo that everyone recognizes, but perhaps best only for brochures, stadium programs or the scoreboard. Not on the players' shoes and helmets!

Tech's best unis of the modern era were perhaps the black jerseys of the '80s / early '90s with the numbers on the shoulder pads. Black and gold looked better than the dark blue and gold. The gold jerseys from the years between Joe Hamilton and Calvin Johnson were really good, too.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Classic white jerseys with gold pants (b/w/b stripe) worn from about the mid '70s to around the mid '80s. Think Tech went to a throwback look with these jerseys at the beginning of the season. New black jerseys started under Bill Curry in the early '80s. Highlight film from '84: