Uniform thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is perhaps my most opinionated statement ever and I mean it. I hate using black and gold. HATE it.

I do not want to look like Army or Colorado or Iowa or Missouri or Purdue or Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. I want us to look like Tech. If navy blue was good enough for Heisman and Dodd and Ross and CPJ, then it is good enough for me.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I would have liked them better with white pants. I didn't like how the did the numbers, either. They tried to mimmick the 1990 uniform but should have copied it exactly instead. See for yourself.

'14 OB
buzzrewind_orangebowl.jpg

'90 Citrus Bowl
Citrus913.jpg

Imo, our '14 uni's make us look like old LA Rams wannabe's (minus the helmet).

09000d5d8201f90a_gallery_600.jpg
I could handle the 90 uniform since it was clean and ACC folks voted it the best uni in the conferance.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Classic white jerseys with gold pants (b/w/b stripe) worn from about the mid '70s to around the mid '80s. Think Tech went to a throwback look with these jerseys at the beginning of the season. New black jerseys started under Bill Curry in the early '80s. Highlight film from '84:

Damn good unis...better than the stuff we have today.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is perhaps my most opinionated statement ever and I mean it. I hate using black and gold. HATE it.

I do not want to look like Army or Colorado or Iowa or Missouri or Purdue or Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. I want us to look like Tech. If navy blue was good enough for Heisman and Dodd and Ross and CPJ, then it is good enough for me.

I tend to agree with you redarding blue vs black. To me, black/gold can really look Blah!
But i would like all our teams to use the same 3rd color & number fonts.

So forget black watch

Change the Buzz costune.

And by the way, dodd's famous G/W/G uni did in fact use black as trim.

I wish we could find the right shade of Gold that would contrast enough, able to be distinguished enough at distance so that we could have a simple White / Gold uni. No trim

Like a Texas except with Gold, or a PSU or bama.

Oh well - just beat uga

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow

See your point (especially Colorado!!)... The Ross unis were actually very dark Navy blue, not quite black. (Curry-era unis were black). Like dark navy much better than total black, but still better than the light navy 3rd color they've got today. Ross-era navy would be my fave, apart from the white & gold unis of the '60s - mid '80s. Agree with the poster above who said Tech's helmets ought to be a classic old gold, shiny. The Gailey-era gold jerseys w/ white pants looked pretty sharp, too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Back to the dress...my wife and 3 kids all see black n blue, two can see both wg/blu blk at times. I'm the only one that sees white n gold all the time. im concerned with the lack of why/gold in my family

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Back to the dress...my wife and 3 kids all see black n blue, two can see both wg/blu blk at times. I'm the only one that sees white n gold all the time. im concerned with the lack of why/gold in my family

You've done your best. Time to move on.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My God man take it off before it becomes ......standard uniform.........old man eyes cant watch the play for a the stripes.....

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think several images of that dress were taken with various white balances and those pictures were released. I don't think people are seeing different color combinations from the same digital image.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think several images of that dress were taken with various white balances and those pictures were released. I don't think people are seeing different color combinations from the same digital image.

Nope. Different people looking at same image on same screen see different colors.

Nope. Different people looking at same image on same screen see different colors.
I'm not so sure about that, although that's what everybody is trying to claim. On CBS News last night, they showed the original dress, which was blue and black. There's no way that I could look at different photos of the same dress and see different colors, unless the photos were somehow doctored. The dress I saw on TV was blue and black; the photo I received of it online was gold and white. Lighting or tricks of the brain can't possibly produce that drastic a difference.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm not so sure about that, although that's what everybody is trying to claim. On CBS News last night, they showed the original dress, which was blue and black. There's no way that I could look at different photos of the same dress and see different colors, unless the photos were somehow doctored. The dress I saw on TV was blue and black; the photo I received of it online was gold and white. Lighting or tricks of the brain can't possibly produce that drastic a difference.

My sister and brother in law differ when seeing the same image on the same screen. Take it for what it's worth.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Save the picture to your phone and don't tell people what you see, just ask them the color they see and you will get black and blue and also gold and white, I saved it to my phone and me and my wife see two different colors when looking at the same photo at the same time and I showed many people and some saw it one color and others saw it the other colors

Save the picture to your phone and don't tell people what you see, just ask them the color they see and you will get black and blue and also gold and white, I saved it to my phone and me and my wife see two different colors when looking at the same photo at the same time and I showed many people and some saw it one color and others saw it the other colors
I'll have to take your word for it, but that is just crazy. I don't understand it. Has there been any real explanation for it?