UNC

Deleted member 2897

If Danny Hall would consistently do the opposite of what he thinks he should in high stakes in-game decisions, this team would be a national seed.

I can tell you from experience, it did not take me nearly a quarter of the time in my marriage to learn that than as long as CDH has been our coach. Just figure out whatever your gut instinct is, then do the opposite. I've found there is a high probability that ends up being the correct move.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It would be better if we didn’t make either at this point.

It would be better as it would hasten the departure of Hall & Asst coaches.

It would be worse for the players this year and probably recruiting.

I don't think we deserve to go to the NCAAs based on our play so far. We deserve the ACC tourney since we aren't one of the two worst teams in the ACC; but we'll get bounced quick if we play like we usually do on the road. The pre-game yesterday featured another Asst Coach who said we weren't doing that bad. There is no sense of urgency or responsibility that I've heard from the coaching staff outside of a few baseball platitudes. But like @OldJacketFan , my primary emotion is becoming apathy and deja-vu.

Been thinking of the draft and next year already. (Typical late April pattern.) Next year will be better regardless of the coaches given more experienced players. Hope English doesn't go in the draft.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Looking at the pattern of losing games in the last 2 innings should point to the obvious. That is the fact that our bullpen has no one you can rely on. I thought Archer was the answer, but now we have over pitched him and he is useless.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live here in CH. I did not go to the game but highlights were on the local news this morning. Why did our pitcher with an 0-2 count give the hitter a pitch on the plate that was a grand slam homer. That was a little league mistake. Obviously we don' have very good pitching this year and bull pen can't hold a lead.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the pattern of losing games in the last 2 innings should point to the obvious. That is the fact that our bullpen has no one you can rely on. I thought Archer was the answer, but now we have over pitched him and he is useless.
As usual... I agree with @65Jacket ...bashing the coaching is fine & has merit. However, if you're breaking down yesterday's loss, it's the bullpen not doing their job. The starting pitching & the bats put the team in a position to win TWICE... & the bullpen blew it lost a game two times.

I scratched my head at the Hughes for Datoc decision in 10th. On the other hand(s)... never should have been a 10th AND more than once I (& others) have demanded Datoc be removed when he's struggling. It's the same ol' deal... just because the strings CDH pulled didn't work yesterday... doesn't mean a different set would have. Archer's 0-2 fastball down middle that was crushed by a pinch hitter for grand slam to tie game. Is that on the coaches?

This bullpen is in dire straits. New low for season. I wonder if anyone of them wants the ball now in key situations. Not a good place to be.

The season continues today. Somehow... they have to rebound.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This team is just schizo. They have nearly as good a chance of wining every remaining game as losing them all. I would not want to play GT in the ACC tourney. You’ve got no idea if you’re getting Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde.

As usual... I agree with @65Jacket ...bashing the coaching is fine & has merit. However, if you're breaking down yesterday's loss, it's the bullpen not doing their job. The starting pitching & the bats put the team in a position to win TWICE... & the bullpen blew it lost a game two times.

I scratched my head at the Hughes for Datoc decision in 10th. On the other hand(s)... never should have been a 10th AND more than once I (& others) have demanded Datoc be removed when he's struggling. It's the same ol' deal... just because the strings CDH pulled didn't work yesterday... doesn't mean a different set would have. Archer's 0-2 fastball down middle that was crushed by a pinch hitter for grand slam to tie game. Is that on the coaches?

This bullpen is in dire straits. New low for season. I wonder if anyone of them wants the ball now in key situations. Not a good place to be.

The season continues today. Somehow... they have to rebound.
The pitch isn't the coaches fault, but the situation they were and are in is. If there was one aspect of the game we were deficient in I'd place more blame on the players, but we are not deficient in only one aspect of the game. We are inconsistent in the field, hitting with RISP, pitching, base running, and over all game management.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
They have nearly as good a chance of wining every remaining game as losing them all.

I don't agree with this at all. Just like the last couple of years, our late season slump has begun and we will limp to a merciful end to the season. We've seen this play out before...now with regularity. The talent is there, but...well, you can take your pick about where to place the blame... but I am not a betting man and I'd put money on this team flailing the rest of the way.

Deleted member 2897

I don't agree with this at all. Just like the last couple of years, our late season slump has begun and we will limp to a merciful end to the season. We've seen this play out before...now with regularity. The talent is there, but...well, you can take your pick about where to place the blame... but I am not a betting man and I'd put money on this team flailing the rest of the way.

If this slump does indeed continue, I wouldn’t be surprised if we will see a Ted Roof like departure in the off season. No firing, just moving on, and a respectful separation. As it should be. CDH has been a lion at GT for a long time. But just like with Bobby Bowden, even icons have their time.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Bases loaded with 1 out for UNC in the B6. If we want to have a change to salvage a game from this series, have to hold them here.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We go to the bullpen, which immediately gives up a 2-run HR. So predictable it's comical at this point.

Thank goodness for conference expansion - without ND, VT, and BC, we'd be out of the ACCT.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
10-1 now, bottom 7. Datoc throwing batting practice out there.

We move to 22-19 with this one. Have to go 7-8 in our remaining 15 games to get a winning season. Can we do it?

Deleted member 2897

10-1 now, bottom 7. Datoc throwing batting practice out there.

We move to 22-19 with this one. Have to go 7-8 in our remaining 15 games to get a winning season. Can we do it?

Not if we keep rolling over and playing dead. Pitt and UNCheat prove we can lose to anybody at anytime.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know the buyout details of CDH’s contract? I’m assuming we would owe him 3 years at $390K per year, but maybe TStan had the good sense to reduce the buyout as the contract progresses.