UNC

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like having Serratos bat in the lineup, but Wilhite would’ve caught that ball. Would it be better for Serratos to play LF or RF and move one of the others to CF?
Actually just had another thought, what about some combination of Waddell/Serratos at SS/3B and move Austin Wilhite to CF? Would give more speed in CF; however, we don’t really know how good defensively at SS either Serratos or Waddell are.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Actually just had another thought, what about some combination of Waddell/Serratos at SS/3B and move Austin Wilhite to CF? Would give more speed in CF; however, we don’t really know how good defensively at SS either Serratos or Waddell are.
I would move Murray to CF and slide Serratos over to LF.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would move Murray to CF and slide Serratos over to LF.

I'd have Serratos replace Hall and Nick Wilhite play CF until his second or third at bat. If we need the runs, put Serratos in CF and Hall back out. When the game is being won or is tied, I like better OF defense.

Last night Lee pitched well. Glad to see it. Winborne did his job for one out. The rest are not going to get a positive comment from me so I'll stay mum. UNC pitched seven pitchers, none of whom blew up. Largely because they got pulled quick. Depth or coaching or talent development or recruiting or good luck. There is a reason UNC is a bubble team.

Hopefully our bats get hot today and we pull out a win. I think our best chance is with Connor if he stays sharp. But it all depends on run support since UNC will get some runs.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In recent years, if Tech didn't win on Friday... you felt pretty certain they'd be fortunate to come out of a road series weekend without being swept. This year it is just not that way. Our weekend starters are all similar statistically... but you could make a case that the best 2 have not played yet this weekend. Need to score runs...preferably early... today. Even this series up!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Although the whole thing sounded pretty putrid last night, for some reason the thing that bothered me most was our last two outs. Down 9-3 or 7-8-9 hitters manage to load the bases w/ one out. Top two hitters in the lineup (leading hitter in ACC & top ten ACC hitter plus one of the HR leaders) and we can’t get anyone in. Scoring RISP has been a problem all year, but this was a chance to at least get a little momentum going into Saturday. They had their closer out there coming off a bad outting & we had the opportunity to at a minimum get his pitch count up or possibly chase him and make the game a little uncomfortable for them for the first time since the second inning and we couldn’t get it done. Chase & Joey are great players and I know they wanted to come through ........ but they didn’t. For some reason that disturbs me deep down & makes me wonder if it is a harbinger of things to come.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Serratos with 2 errors in first. We can't give these guys extra outs. Connor doing great but UNC has their fifth out in the first. And UNC scores. I'm done listening. Will check back in an hour or tow.

It could be worse, I'm going to go see my neighbor who had back surgery on Tuesday. Be glad if you're healthy!!!!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wade infield single, Joey 6-4-3 scored a run, McCann single, Chase BB, Tristin RBI single to get us a 5-2 lead in the bottom of the 5th.