UNC Postgame

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This game just all around was hard to watch. Our D is in serious trouble, I just hope CPJ know what to do to fix it.
Our offense seems to sputter in games where our D is playing this bad, even if the O was perfect I'm not sure we still would have won, the D was just that bad

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
LB
IMO, it's an all of the above problem, but the jimmiejoes at LB look outmatched. On two of the long TD runs, MLB went unblocked and ran right out of the play. We need to scheme to compensate for this, like on offense, or we will get smoked by poorly coached teams with faster, bigger players (UGA).

"Simplifying" and playing straight up with obvious tendencies forces one-on-ones that we lose (see 3rd down %).

Our LB's IMO as a unit are the weakest in a long long time at GT and no doubt in the ACC this year.

Milwaukee

Banned
.,,,,,,,....,,,,,so far, ....,, vs us
yds/play .. 6.46 ,,,,,,,,, 9.07

Total yardage is what I was looking for. Sorry to ask you to do the digging, but I'm trying to get ready for a wedding and you love pulling stats!

If you have their total yards vs each opponent that would be great. I know they put up a massive amount against us today.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We had no chance in this game. Our offense would have had to score a TD on nearly every possession. Frustrating to watch.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Total yardage is what I was looking for. Sorry to ask you to do the digging, but I'm trying to get ready for a wedding and you love pulling stats!

If you have their total yards vs each opponent that would be great. I know they put up a massive amount against us today.

If you want meaningless stats, you can look them up yourself.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Listening to PJ's postgame....He says we are playing 4 freshmen when it benefits him but other times he says "after 9 or whatever the number games they played so far that there not freshmen anymore." Come on PJ which is it? Excuses are getting old.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We had no chance in this game. Our offense would have had to score a TD on nearly every possession. Frustrating to watch.
I don't know if we had to score every time, but if we had just scored when we got to the red zone and held on to the ball, it would have been close. As bad as the D was, getting 10 points on 5 trips to the red zone on offense just won't win games.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If you want to see a well-coached team,watch the Navy tape today.We all know ND is off this yr but GT could not come close to beating them on a neutral field like Navy just did.
Navy has 17 penalties for the season the announcers said.We have 22in the last 3 games I believe.Navy ran a play for an KEY 1st down that I have never seen " MR Spread Option" run.After watching pitt and dook run surprise plays on us,I thought it would be nice to do the same. hmmmm
Even Navy's def plays better than us.Almost never out of position and these aren't great recruits.They just play hard and smart.Like a DT actually got a real sack.A CB got off a block to stop a WR screen for NO gain.
geeeezzzz

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to see a well-coached team,watch the Navy tape today.We all know ND is off this yr but GT could not come close to beating them on a neutral field like Navy just did.
Navy has 17 penalties for the season the announcers said.We have 22in the last 3 games I believe.Navy ran a play for an KEY 1st down that I have never seen " MR Spread Option" run.After watching pitt and dook run surprise plays on us,I thought it would be nice to do the same. hmmmm
Even Navy's def plays better than us.Almost never out of position and these aren't great recruits.They just play hard and smart.Like a DT actually got a real sack.A CB got off a block to stop a WR screen for NO gain.
geeeezzzz
Notre Dame - 6 drives, 3 TD, 2 FG, 1 punt

UNC - 9 drives, 6 TD, 2 FG, 1 punt

Not a lot of separation on the D performance today

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Mills played a great game. Silver lining.

He played a tough game and yes, it was impressive. However, I have a tough time saying a guy played a GREAT game if he loses two fumbles.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mills...let's just keep a little perspective.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
I posted this in another thread during the game, but did anyone else notice that the UNC tackles would take a small step back with their outside foot right before snap only on pass plays? Did the Defensive staff just miss this "key" or simply not adjust? One would think if you knew a pass was coming the secondary would tighten the coverage and the DL would get after the QB instead of being fascinated with the eye candy (run/play action fakes) in the backfield. But what do I know, I'm just a Management Major!