UNC Game Thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
'We are on the edge of becoming irrelevant in basketball. Since 1994-95 we have had 2 seasons we finished above 500 in ACC play. 2! 95-96 and 03-04. That's it!'

"irrelevant in basketball" - this is where UGA has been for a long while. To his credit Fox has slowly been pulling them back from the abyss (he has received a contract extension).

This is really why CBG needs to go.

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
If BG isn't fired at the end of the season then it is the GTAA's problem. I do not want to hear about money. Start a GOFUNDME.com. We can all give something. I wasn't for this hire but sat through 4 years of this nonsense and I cannot hear of another year of this lunacy. As I have said many times, I like the players and believe they can be coached up. Even if you had to hire a high school coach who has won numerous championships, there has to be a change. Should have been an interim taken over a long time ago. Hope if you are sick and tired of this, please email MBOB. I did. I am about to email DRAD too because GT was good to him and this is what he did in return.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Aaron Peek should have started and played a good amount. He had to sit through a bunch of crap basketball and should have been rewarded with a start over Jackson. We all knew it would be a blow out, and we can't win with our regular players so might as well play the people who have waited for their opportunity.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Wow, thanks for answering. I checked out of this game in the 1st half and totally missed everything.

@ChasonBaller got it right. That's how senior night is always handled ... or so I thought.

Anyways, just more fuel to the fire I guess.

"Fuel for the fire." I get it.

Only two seasons we have finished a love .500 in almost 10 years. Does everyone still want to keep hiring the low level coaches ?? Mbob go get a big name coach and pay him! You will get the results and then the money will follow.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Only two seasons we have finished a love .500 in almost 10 years. Does everyone still want to keep hiring the low level coaches ?? Mbob go get a big name coach and pay him! You will get the results and then the money will follow.

And what "big name" coach do you think would come here, assuming we offer a competitive salary for such a name? It is one thing to offer a big name coach, it is another to convince a "big name" coach to leave what they have built and come here to this mess.

Aside from Marshall and Smart (who are big names, but still mid-majors) I can't fathom who you are even talking about? Roy, Cal, K, Izzo, Donovan...?

Maybe go hire the guy from Villanova! Hey man you can and think what you want but Money talks. Tech is a place where you can right away imo. It's going take hiring a big name coach that can make a splash in recruiting.

I seriously doubt the celtics are going to keep Brad Stevens after this season. He would another Big Name guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Maybe go hire the guy from Villanova! Hey man you can and think what you want but Money talks. Tech is a place where you can right away imo. It's going take hiring a big name coach that can make a splash in recruiting.

I seriously doubt the celtics are going to keep Brad Stevens after this season. He would another Big Name guy.

It's been spelled out here that it's not that easy anymore. We're not going to out-spend Villanova even if the dude wanted to come here (which he probably doesn't).

Celtics and Stevens are married to each other. They both knew these first few years they'd be bad and, don't look now, in spite of their tanking they're actually about 2 games out of a playoff spot. IOW, Stevens is doing a great job which is undoubtedly being noticed. If he were fired (which would be a dumb decision) he'd be scooped up by ORL, DEN or some other NBA team.

Long story long, we're going to have to be creative in finding a new coach.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
There is approximately a 0.0001% chance we would get Stevens if we let CBG go this year. BTW, if Stevens returns to CBB, it will be to replace Crean at Indiana.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Aaron Peek should have started and played a good amount. He had to sit through a bunch of crap basketball and should have been rewarded with a start over Jackson. We all knew it would be a blow out, and we can't win with our regular players so might as well play the people who have waited for their opportunity.

This is 100% correct. For a 12 win team that has really nothing to play for other than pride, this was a low class move. In all honesty I cant believe players like MGH and Demarco didnt speak up. I dont know these guys personally but watching demeanor on the court those two seem to be the leadership. CBG should be embarrassed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait, why didn't the guy start? Has C-, I mean, BG come out and explained this?

Surely he wasn't scared that starting him would put us at a disadvantage. That ship sailed 4 years ago.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
re the aaron peek issue put me in with the small group who thinks that there was a reason it was done this way? didnt coach do right by the players the other 3 years he has been here?

he has reconnected with all our former players. he has connected with bc. i have not heard a single fan or coach dis the guy but for his w/l record. i think some may who want him gone may be reading more into this than is warranted.

i am sure we will find out soon enough.

go jackets

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I won't comment about the situation without knowing all the details, but based on his character during his time here, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't imagine Gregory pulling a **** move like that...especially with his Iron Five comments...IMO, there has to be some details missing...oh well, at this point, I'm not sure why everyone is getting so riled up. He'll be gone in a couple of weeks.