UNC Game Thread

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Was able to watch... was highly disappointed (like most of us are). Wonder if CBG would have won with CRW's players. Bet he would have!
The Jimmies and Joes do make a difference.
Yes coaches are responsible for the players that we end up with, however GT doesn't have AFAM to hide players...
Does CBG get any exceptions for bball like CPJ has for football now? If so he may need to use a few of those. We definitely don't have the Jimmies and Joes... but that's CBGs fault too. I think the game would have been closer had we changed rosters... but I still would put my money on Roy over BG. JMO.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dare I say that I smell an upset brewing??? This team made us look like little girls a couple of weeks ago. Despite all of the tough luck, SR night, etc, I have to think that our guys are competitors and that they remember that drubbing well. If they are men, they will want to make up for that effort tonight. This is legit revenge for us! I'll be surprised if we don't have a chance to win this one late, but we know how that movie has ended this year.

In all seriousness, it would be nice to see us overcome all of the letdowns and win a close one tonight. Lord knows these kids deserve a little taste of success this year.

More than anything, I just want us to see us come out and punch the Tar Holes in the mouth and earn back a little respect from that beat down in Chapel Hill.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
7 minutes into the game and we are looking horrible, 7 turnovers and very little awareness... If UNC was shooting even half way decent we would bedown by 15.. Airball by Jorg..

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Travis cannot make a freakin shot and we are turning it over almost every time or air balling...smh time to watch some real basketball. The atlanta hawks.....vs the rockets

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's face it, this was unlikely to be close - Every game Gregory has had against UNC at GT has been a double digit loss. With MGH out, this is going to be very ugly.
Hope his injury is not too serious. One more in the loss column that increases the likelihood of a change.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Asked a few friends if they were watching and all 3 texted back 'we play tonight?' I cannot fault them as bad fans at this point though. It's basically 7-8 years of porous basketball except for the Favors season. I hope we can get some interest back going next year cause it's a high, high apathy level for the time being.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So playing a team that we do not play well against and currently down MGH, Q and Bolden. Wow.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Usually I have the ACC tournament on the TV in my office. I may skip watching day 1 completely this year and just try to get some work done.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Down by 22... sampson just hit a circus shot...We look like we have no system on offense, and lost on defense especially when we try to switch... It's just tough to watch this team. Our guys are fighting though, you can see they are hustling. I have to give the team credit. I feel like they are just out gunned and out coached.