UNC Game Thread

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Dumpster fire.png

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We lose out that puts us with 13 conference losses. What is the most we've finished with? Is it 14? 08-09 with Shumpert and Lawal? Or before my time back in the early 80's before Bobby?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I dont follow any other programs on message boards but we have to be in the top 5 for reasons why CBG cant win

1-Game before finals, kids heads arent in it
2-Game after finals, kids heads arent in it
3-Injuries
4-Noone beats UNC today after they lose to Duke
5-Karl Hess and Teddy Valentine hate us
6-Injuries
7-No arena on campus
7a-we weren't acclimated to our brand new arena
8-We wear RA gear
9-Paul Hewitt left this program in disarray
10-Austin Jackson played baseball.
11-Al Harrington went Pro.

Yes some of these are TIC

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I dont follow any other programs on message boards but we have to be in the top 5 for reasons why CBG cant win

1-Game before finals, kids heads arent in it
2-Game after finals, kids heads arent in it
3-Injuries
4-Noone beats UNC today after they lose to Duke
5-Karl Hess and Teddy Valentine hate us
6-Injuries
7-No arena on campus
7a-we weren't acclimated to our brand new arena
8-We wear RA gear
9-Paul Hewitt left this program in disarray
10-Austin Jackson played baseball.
11-Al Harrington went Pro.

Yes some of these are TIC
I haven't heard alot of this talk this season... I'm pretty sure even the last of the Mohicans have even jumped ship by this point. This isn't an excuse problem that we have in Tech basketball at the moment. It's a coaching philosophy and talent problem to the fullest. The players aren't completely void of blame either though. They make a ton of mental errors and you can't blame that on being out athleted or what not. We've got a boatload of problems that need addressing. At this point... I'm ALL IN for Chris Mack. I want that guy at GT. Don't care what his perceived weaknesses are... make the man an offer he can't refuse.

slugboy

Staff member
Funny, I read in the AJC how we posed physical mismatch problems for UNC. Should save that article for any time I think there's valuable analysis there.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I haven't heard alot of this talk this season... I'm pretty sure even the last of the Mohicans have even jumped ship by this point. This isn't an excuse problem that we have in Tech basketball at the moment. It's a coaching philosophy and talent problem to the fullest. The players aren't completely void of blame either though. They make a ton of mental errors and you can't blame that on being out athleted or what not. We've got a boatload of problems that need addressing. At this point... I'm ALL IN for Chris Mack. I want that guy at GT. Don't care what his perceived weaknesses are... make the man an offer he can't refuse.

That's why I said some were tongue in cheek.

Over 4 years though, after this lazy terrible hire, these are things I have read. What's awesome is I have gone from a "hater" to just " always finding the negative" because I hated the hire since the beginning and never wavered.

I just bask in the light of being "correct" :) (again TIC, I would have much rather been wrong)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Disappointing but the season is almost over.
Poster on another board was correct, we have not played well against UNC since Gregory has been here (fwiw, that was the one team Hewitt had a solid record against), and it was that way again today.

At least it gave me plenty of time to watch other games. Still like Mack and Prohm alot.
I'll be very disappointed if we don't make a change after the season, but ultimately that is up to the AD to decide.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Everyone's enthusiasm about Prohm has made me a believer. I still like Mack, White and Howland more, but those three plus Miller and Prohm I would be happy to hand the keys to.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was able to watch... was highly disappointed (like most of us are). Wonder if CBG would have won with CRW's players. Bet he would have!
The Jimmies and Joes do make a difference.
Yes coaches are responsible for the players that we end up with, however GT doesn't have AFAM to hide players...