UNC Game Thread

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As I mentioned in another thread, we may go 0-4 to close the season but I do like how it sets up.
We get UNC the game after they play Duke (in what was a fantastic game), with an extra 2 days rest. I doubt UNC will play with the same intensity (if they do we lose).
UNC is not a particularly good outside shooting team outside of Paige and Britt. Have to really guard them. They rebound really well and they want to run. They have been pretty mediocre on defense despite their size and athleticism.

We get a home game against a L'ville team that isn't playing that well. It would really help if Chris Jones is still suspended.
Clemson is a team we can play with and frankly I would love to actually start a winning streak against them.
Then we get UNC again at our place the game before they play Duke to end their regular season.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
As I mentioned in another thread, we may go 0-4 to close the season but I do like how it sets up.
We get UNC the game after they play Duke (in what was a fantastic game), with an extra 2 days rest. I doubt UNC will play with the same intensity (if they do we lose).
UNC is not a particularly good outside shooting team outside of Paige and Britt. Have to really guard them. They rebound really well and they want to run. They have been pretty mediocre on defense despite their size and athleticism.

We get a home game against a L'ville team that isn't playing that well. It would really help if Chris Jones is still suspended.
Clemson is a team we can play with and frankly I would love to actually start a winning streak against them.
Then we get UNC again at our place the game before they play Duke to end their regular season.

Red,
you don't have have to go into great detail--just instruct them on shooting better and that will pretty much give a good chance

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer

It does set up nicely for us to win a few. UNC is usually a matchups problem for us regardless of how their individuals are performing. Lville is on a down slide right now... if we get it down to a few mins left and we're tied or ahead.. it may get in their heads like HERE WE GO AGAIN. Clemson is Clemson... always a hard fight. I think we split the next 4 games. No clue which games we win and which we lose. We're playing much better now... but it's a little too late in the year to show up to the party now. This season was the worst 1 in a while when it comes to luck bouncing 1 way or the other. Maybe it evens out next season with more upperclassmen around. CBG probably knows these last few games are basically his interview process for his next gig. I hope he gets our men ready 2 shock a few teams here at the end.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Do we even have a player who can catch an alley oop? Zero athletes on our team. We get killed in transition and on TOs. We have a team chock full of the opposite of athlete. Flat footed defense and offense. Jorge is the only guy who looks smoothe when running the floor

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm embarrassed to be a GT hoops fan. This is pathetic where we are as a program. And all the close losses mean nothing. A real team finds ways to win them. This is as bad a Cremins last couple of season when we were getting ran out the gym by 50 to Kentucky. And don't shoot me I love Bobby too. But this is just flat out embarrassing. Hell I saw one of Monte Morris's inner circle people the other night at a high school game and he told me "Thank god he didn't go to that mess down there".