UNC 2024 Post Game

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
It’s not just progress from the Collins era.

2022 was progress over the Collins era.

2023 was progress over that.

2024 has been progress over that. Last year mistakes turned into bad losses to Bowling Green/Boston College.

We all want even more progress. But some people are celebrating the progress there is while others are upset about the progress that isn’t yet.

Which is fine, it gives us stuff to talk about!

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re climbing. Go 7-5 this year or better with this schedule and win a bowl game and I’ll be very happy. This year wasn’t the big leap year (even if after FSU I thought it might be), that’s coming!

I said it before this year started: next year (2025) is our YEAR! Wouldn’t be surprised to be a top 12 team.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
People tend to forget how many games we barely won even in 2014 because we **** the bed and needed some random miracle to pull out. Hell, I still, to this day, am dumbfounded every time I think about that 2002 Ohio State team that went 14-0 consistently pulling games out of their *** late when they should've lost.

That's just college football. Very few teams dominate. The important thing is having the mental toughness to win the game and we've done that in several games. Unfortunately not in 2 of them but we're way better than we were.

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
People tend to forget how many games we barely won even in 2014 because we **** the bed and needed some random miracle to pull out. Hell, I still, to this day, am dumbfounded every time I think about that 2002 Ohio State team that went 14-0 consistently pulling games out of their *** late when they should've lost.

That's just college football. Very few teams dominate. The important thing is having the mental toughness to win the game and we've done that in several games. Unfortunately not in 2 of them but we're way better than we were.
The 2014 team needed a last minute touchdown to beat a Georgia Southern team that just made the move to FBS. Good teams find ways to win.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, the object of the game is to win, not look purty. We're 5-2. At this point, considering where we were just a short time ago, I'm ecstatic.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You might want to rethink that, there were 3 UNC defenders within a couple feet of him. But, It appeared all 3 defenders thought Tech was killing the clock too.
Watching the replay of three 300 pound players doing absolutely nothing to stop Haynes is pretty hilarious and typical of a Collin’s defens!
1728774981085.png

This is about as big a hole as you’re gonna see in college ball. But you think what you want.

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone correct me if I am wrong but on the tube it looked as though UNC in typical Collins undisciplined fashion overran the play and when Jamal cut back there was nothing there. One thing you can say about this team is the speed at the skill positions is truly "elite". Well, not that kind of elite but you know what I mean.
Haynes was untouched. Give some credit to OL. They played solid today. Their best game as a unit since FSU

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Whine? You seem to not quite understand the angles. From the offensive side it “appears” no one is within 2 yards. Defensive side JH breaks the line an 3 defenders are hilariousy. Facing backwards with no one blocking them and not 5 yards away.
You ever “watched game film a day in your life? Angles, both sides of the ball.
Hey, Tech won and your negative attitude won‘t stop me enjoying that!

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
After cooling down a bit I want to walk back my previous statement of saying we didn't deserve to win. I meant to say we shouldn't have won that game with all the simple mistakes. I was steaming after the penalty on 3rd and 1 to ice the game. Good teams don't do that stuff. My PTSD from prior regimes was kicking in hard. Happy with how the defense has played all year. I had low expectations and they've been exceeded. I can't think of a game where they cost us the game. Happy to be 5-2 and want to beat the Domers in the worst way. Go Jackets!

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s just something people say to feel good when you play like crap and luck into a win. We did not find a way to win. Let me say that again. We did not find a way to win. UNC found a way to lose.
People like you are why I'm done with GT sports. It would be different if I lived in the Atlanta area but I don't. So this website and chat are my lifeline to GT football. The game chat is toxic so I gave that up last year. I don't have friends locally who are into GT sports so I always depended on this site and chat room to hang out with my tribe. It's not my tribe. I didn't even watch the game today. Glad we won, but god it's hard to be a GT fane because we have such ******* alumni. Peace.