Ugag vs. GT score prediction?

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I know you’re being facetious, but the 222-0 is an amazing feat that will never be touched ever again. Tech never had a 1st down because we scored on every offensive set of downs. There were 15 turnovers, most returned for TDs. It’s an unbelievable story.
Random thought but does anyone know what the second largest margin of victory in a college football game is? I've never heard and wouldn't begin to know where to look.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
As an aside, in my search, The most lopsided ACC game in the last 68 years was Clemson beating Tech last year 73-7 a 66 point margin. At least Tech has not had a worse game in 2021. So I guess that's progress.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
When I talk to my 12-year-old about this sort of thing, I like to refer to it as "borrowing trouble." Can't believe this thread has hit 5 pages when we still have two more games to play before we get to this one. Aren't we jumping the gun a bit? Or do some of us just like to worry that much that we're already focusing on it? Admittedly, this is the first time I've clicked on this thread and I didn't go back and read any of the previous posts. Odds are that it's not actually 5 pages of predictions regarding the game coming up after Thanksgiving.

I guess there is a subset of us that believes there's only one game that matters each year, though. Come to think of it, maybe we should cancel all the other games starting next year so
1. they can't get any tape on us
2. we should be fully healthy going in as it should decrease the risk of significant injury loss having played no other games

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Their second string is probably better than our ATL especially if our D is tired after being on the field if we have an inept O. This game is all about pride and desire for our guys. It could turn into a Clemsonesk beat down from last year if they give up. Not a good way to end a career at GT for our seniors and last year players. I expect a few with eligibility to end it then. Yates Mason Thomas?? Kirby won't lose any sleep over our game. An upset would be monumental but I just don't see it happening.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Poor clock management by GT 80-0, bad guys with the 80.

Good clock management and some luck 52 - 6, bad guys still win.

In a fantasy world 21-22 with a GT 2 point conversion after a go ahead TD as the clock expires.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Random thought but does anyone know what the second largest margin of victory in a college football game is? I've never heard and wouldn't begin to know where to look.
1922 King College defeated Lenoir 206-0. As a side note, The Golden Tornado of Georgia Tech in 1918 defeated Furman, NC State and the 11th Cavalry to the tune of a combined 369-0. They played 7 games and the 6 that they won were all shutouts. The 7th game was a loss to Pittsburgh(1918 National Champion) 32-0. Bar bet - all 7 games were shutouts. Tech averaged just over 66 points per game.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Regardless of whether any of these predictions are realistic, the fact that Tech fans are filling up page after page on this topic is to me pathetic, sad, and unproductive. If I were a player and read this, I think I would transfer. Why go out every day and practice hard and try your best when your own fans think you are an embarrassment?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of whether any of these predictions are realistic, the fact that Tech fans are filling up page after page on this topic is to me pathetic, sad, and unproductive. If I were a player and read this, I think I would transfer. Why go out every day and practice hard and try your best when your own fans think you are an embarrassment?
I don't think any fans are embarrassed by the players, now the coaches yes , players no. The players don't quit but the coaches don't know what to call to put the players in position to win at the end.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well, the remedy is pretty simple...go out and win a few games and you will not get your feelings hurt. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for them.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
No offense against you personally, but it's stuff like this where, sadly, or own fan base contributed heavily into the misinformation about our own program.

If the blocking was such an issue and the other piece of damaging misinformation is also true (constantly used against us regarding defensive players not wanting to come here because all they would do is practice against the 3O) then it should have been a miracle if we ever fielded a healthy defense...

Fact is, when CPJ was here, we actually had a chance at winning against them, now...
I didn’t say it was true, I just said I could see that being the only reason Kirby would care.

And if PJ was still here and never left, Kirby still wouldn’t care about GT.

We might have played lower scoring games, but we would still have no chance to beat the dwags with CPJ here now.

2016 ugag vs their current group is not even close. They were pretty good for a while. I hate to say it, but they’re elite now.

I’m not defending Collins and the product he’s put on the field in this post, just saying what we did in 2014 and 2016 wasn’t happening again ever with CPJ here and Kirby at ugag.

2017 we lost 38-7. In was 45-7 with like 7 minutes left in the 4th of 2018. We scored 2 meaningless TDs in the last bit to make it look closer than it was, but let’s not act like we were competitive when PJ was at the end of his time here. The team we beat in 2016 was 7-4 when we played them also. It will be a long time before we play another 7 win dwag team.

Don’t get me wrong, any time we beat them is a great day/year. Just don’t think this is the evidence I would use to bash Collins. Plenty of other things to talk about.

I hate to say it, but it might be another decade before we have a chance again with any coach. Hope I’m wrong, but there are less than 10 teams every year that can actually beat them.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t say it was true, I just said I could see that being the only reason Kirby would care.

And if PJ was still here and never left, Kirby still wouldn’t care about GT.

We might have played lower scoring games, but we would still have no chance to beat the dwags with CPJ here now.

2016 ugag vs their current group is not even close. They were pretty good for a while. I hate to say it, but they’re elite now.

I’m not defending Collins and the product he’s put on the field in this post, just saying what we did in 2014 and 2016 wasn’t happening again ever with CPJ here and Kirby at ugag.

2017 we lost 38-7. In was 45-7 with like 7 minutes left in the 4th of 2018. We scored 2 meaningless TDs in the last bit to make it look closer than it was, but let’s not act like we were competitive when PJ was at the end of his time here. The team we beat in 2016 was 7-4 when we played them also. It will be a long time before we play another 7 win dwag team.

Don’t get me wrong, any time we beat them is a great day/year. Just don’t think this is the evidence I would use to bash Collins. Plenty of other things to talk about.

I hate to say it, but it might be another decade before we have a chance again with any coach. Hope I’m wrong, but there are less than 10 teams every year that can actually beat them.

Kirby spending a session a practice every practice all year on GT is not "not caring" , but yeah as they've outspent most teams entire budget on recruiting alone for the past 4 years. It really doesn't matter who our coach is.